Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma H7S - USB WiFi adapter

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S - USB WiFi adapter

Hi, ordered above from here. Came with USB Internet adapter 300mb. Plugged it in, lan option only seems to be available. Can not see wlan option . Anyone help how I can activate it etc.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You will need to install the drivers for the Wi-Fi adapter. Pick the drivers that apply to your USB wi-fi adapter.
    Menu > Plugins > Green ( Download) > Drivers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I doubt its a H7S - probably the H11S
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, yes I tried that, it says I've no network connection. I can't download etc. Do I need to connect box to Internet wired etc. Not even sure if I can do that.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes you will need to use a wired connection to download the driver. Move the TV and receiver to the router and connect temporarily to download the driver - you dont need to be connected to the satellite/antenna feed
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, if that's my only option then that's what I'll need to do. Does it matter if its on USB 2. 0 or 3.0.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    USB 2.0 is fine. Can you please check what box you actually have - the H7S has Wifi built in and doesnt come with any adapter. The H11S needs an adapter for wifi but only has a USB 2.0 port.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No mention of Wifi on the H7S on the specs?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes you are right there isn't - and I'm using one myself. I forgot I have an adapter attached.

Title
    Thanks
    Silly question but how do I find out if I have wifi built in.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry replied bofore I read these messages properly.
    I've it connect to router wired but again not picking up wifi. Prob need to mount network on the box, again never done that before.

Title
    Thanks
    Go slow, when you plug box into router with cable you then have to set up network, once netowrk is setup you then need to go to plugins, then green to downlaod, once downlaoded you select drivers and in there you will need to download the drivers for your usb wi adapter.

So if you can tell us the name of wi fi adapter we can tell you driver.

To set up network you go menu network restart network and it should do the rest, then go back in and see ip address of box and then do network test.
    Last edited by bmitie; 03-07-23 at 21:59.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I've been going pretty slow on this, I set up my own boxes in past and was quiet easy, not sure what's happening now. Tried loads of network connections and nothing worked. Probably is something easy.
    My USB is 300mbs stick. I'll get more details of it tomorrow, bought from here.
    I'll look at it again tomorrow evening.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bph View Post
    Silly question but how do I find out if I have wifi built in.
    The Zgemma boxes with inbuilt wi-fi have antenna sockets on the back for short wi-fi antennas(aerials).
    See
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...de-500x500.jpg

The H9 boxes had inbuilt wi-fi but it looks as these are no longer manufactured due to the shortage of appropriate Integrated Circuits (ICs)
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks

Usb wifi stick

Hi Guys,

I have Zgemma H7s & H7c receivers & I can confirm that these receivers do NOT Have a WiFi onboard ONLY Lan on board.

If you are looking to add a Wifi then the only way is via a USB connection which then can be used as Wifi, The drivers are not needed if the stick is the Plug & Play type wifi stick.

Note: If using the USB Plug & Play Wifi stick as shown in Picture then Use the USB blue Port which is correct for giving the power needed to connect.

This is & can be confusing when buying the correct USB stick so I have added a Picture to show the Plug & Play type USB Wifi stick.

Screenshot (21).png

They sell at around £5 in the UK found on the internet.
    Do not go for the more expensive USB Wifi that needs drivers keep it simple as shown.

Regards Talks
    Last edited by Talks; 04-07-23 at 07:46.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast