Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TM7100 part 2, tuner problem?

Title
    Thanks

TM7100 part 2, tuner problem?

Hi

So I posted back in October last year. Have a TM7100 that was working perfectly one minute, and not the next (showing no or bad signal after about 1/2 hour). If I could buy another receiver that had these capabilities I would, but after looking I can’t find anything that comes close. So since October. The fan has been replaced (was running noisy, but it’s not now - it’s running but it’s not noisy]. The hard drive has also been replaced. It also had a good clean out, as it had years old dust. Since November after everything had been done, it’s worked flawlessly, until a couple of weeks ago 😪

I’ve now got exactly the same problem. So as the LNB was about 8 years old, thought maybe changing that would do the trick. But after changing the LNB, the problem is still there.

What I can’t understand is, I can set it to record something on Hotbird last Wednesday , it records flawlessly for 4 hours. I set it to record something from Astra 19 last night, 3 1/2 hours, perfect recording. On Friday evening and Saturday afternoon it was set to record from 23.5deg east. It recorded for 1/2 hour then displayed “no or bad signal”. When it shows “no or bad signal, if I switch the satellite receiver off and on the signal and picture is there. This works even if I switch the receiver straight back on (within 10 seconds). Which makes me think it’s not an overheating issue. The satellite receiver doesn’t feel overly warm. It’s a motorised dish, and all the channels I am recording (or watching, it does the same when watching too), are all horizontal polarisation too.

Please help!

Title
    Thanks
    Just an update on the above if it helps. Since this post I’ve carried out a couple of tests.
    I have tried watching recording 23.5 Deg East, 12187 H 29900 2/3 & 11953 H 29900 2/3, birth showed no or bad signal after 1/2 hour.

28 Deg East 12226 H 27500 2/3 - showed no or bad signal after 1 hr 30 mins

13 Deg east 12475 H 29900 3/4 & 12692 H 27500 3/4, 11681 H 27500 3/4 all worked ok

19 deg East 11493.75 H 22000 2/3 - working fine

All channels HD DVB S2 8PSK

I’ve tried to pick channels that are similar to the ones that are problematic.

It’s a motorised system. Can anyone think why 23.5 East or 28 deg East would be a problem, when 13 deg east, 19 deg East are ok?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I would test this by bypassing the motor and wire direct to the LNB, then test on Astra 28.2 only.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-07-23),Eurobuff (07-07-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I would test this by bypassing the motor and wire direct to the LNB, then test on Astra 28.2 only.
    Thanks. As this satellite receiver has 2 tuners, tuner 1 doing 90% of the recordings, I have tried plugging the feed into tuner 2 to see what happens. I have carried out 2 tests with one of the channels on 23.5 deg East that was giving problems and it’s worked, for 2 hours and 2 1/2 hours respectively. The temperature has been cooler in the room, so I’ve set another test for Friday as it forecast to be warmer, so should mimic the conditions of when it has been failing.

When the receiver was opened up and the fan put in, I noticed something printed on the circuit board. As well as it saying “TM-7100 HD Combo 0310”, it also says “HTSST - 8000HDV TM Ver1.2” (see photo attached). I am wondering if that means a tuner unit from a TM-8000 HD Combo would fit and work in my TM7100? I have reached out to Technomate to ask this, but the reply was there is no technical support available now as the TM7100 is 15 years old.

IMG_4352.jpg