Hi

So I posted back in October last year. Have a TM7100 that was working perfectly one minute, and not the next (showing no or bad signal after about 1/2 hour). If I could buy another receiver that had these capabilities I would, but after looking I can’t find anything that comes close. So since October. The fan has been replaced (was running noisy, but it’s not now - it’s running but it’s not noisy]. The hard drive has also been replaced. It also had a good clean out, as it had years old dust. Since November after everything had been done, it’s worked flawlessly, until a couple of weeks ago 😪

I’ve now got exactly the same problem. So as the LNB was about 8 years old, thought maybe changing that would do the trick. But after changing the LNB, the problem is still there.

What I can’t understand is, I can set it to record something on Hotbird last Wednesday , it records flawlessly for 4 hours. I set it to record something from Astra 19 last night, 3 1/2 hours, perfect recording. On Friday evening and Saturday afternoon it was set to record from 23.5deg east. It recorded for 1/2 hour then displayed “no or bad signal”. When it shows “no or bad signal, if I switch the satellite receiver off and on the signal and picture is there. This works even if I switch the receiver straight back on (within 10 seconds). Which makes me think it’s not an overheating issue. The satellite receiver doesn’t feel overly warm. It’s a motorised dish, and all the channels I am recording (or watching, it does the same when watching too), are all horizontal polarisation too.

Please help!