Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Thanks

Hello, ive got NAS thats not always running, basically i turn it on when i need it, the problem is, when the NAS is offline, and im using my enigma2 box, the GUI/HUD freezes every 20-30s, and the loading icon pops up, is there a way to make the box not try to mount the drive so often, or even better, mount it only when its actually needed (like im trying to record or timeshift, or watch something from the drive), ive got the option mount as needed enabled, but it doesnt seem to work as i would think it should?
    Currently im just disabling the mount manually, but its annoying, especially when someone else is using the STB...

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe this is linked to the default record settings/default hard disk sleep time where if the device isn't used for a peroid of time it is automatically disabled. You could find this setting and leave the NAS on to see if this improves things.

Otherwise I have noticed my old NAS (Netgear Stora) causes intermittent problems if I leave it on and connected. (it uses the old SMB 1.0 protocols which may be the problem.)

I have found using my Asus Router as a NAS (sharing USB 3.1 devices)is better for me as maybe its easier to keep the router firmware updated than a standard NAS drive (although the router NAS is not as fast).

Title
    Thanks
    Uhm, my issue is, that the STB wants to mount the drive every 30ish seconds (which causes lags), while the NAS is offline (and i turned it off, theres nothing wrong with the NAS itself), even tho i set up options to only mount as needed...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Szelest View Post
    Uhm, my issue is, that the STB wants to mount the drive every 30ish seconds (which causes lags), while the NAS is offline (and i turned it off, theres nothing wrong with the NAS itself), even tho i set up options to only mount as needed...
    So you are using it as an hdd replacement?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I mean, yes i kinda do, but i didnt turn on the hdd replacement option on (i tried with it on, but its exactly the same)

As i said, im using the network drive to watch videos that are stored on the drive, with my enigma2 box (enigma box is a player in this instance), as well as recording to that drive, but i dont record stuff 24/7, and as i said, i keep the NAS off (shut down) for 90% of the time, and i turn it on only when i need it, but during the time its off, the enigma box tries to mount it every 30ish seconds, which causes lags
    Last edited by Szelest; 29-04-23 at 16:53.

Title
    Thanks
    I mean, yes i kinda do, but i didnt turn on the hdd replacement option on (i tried with it on, but its exactly the same)

As i said, im using the network drive to watch videos that are stored on the drive, with my enigma2 box (enigma box is a player in this instance), as well as recording to that drive, but i dont record stuff 24/7, and as i said, i keep the NAS off (shut down) for 90% of the time, and i turn it on only when i need it, but during the time its off, the enigma box tries to mount it every 30ish seconds, which causes lags
    But if you are recording to it then you must have it defined as a hdd
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Hello, ive got NAS thats not always running, basically i turn it on when i need it, the problem is, when the NAS is offline, and im using my enigma2 box, the GUI/HUD freezes every 20-30s,
    Are you using automount?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Where do you store the EPG? If you have it defined as being on the NAS drive, then it is going to try to reload it at startup or save it at shutdown. I use my internal HDD as EPG storage and also as main recording location, but I also have a NAS which I use as an archive location for programmes. It is set up as automount and spends most of its time offline/powered off and the box does not continually try to mount it. It just checks at boot time.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    But if you are recording to it then you must have it defined as a hdd
    No, i just set the path in recording settings, to record in a folder thats on the nas drive

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Are you using automount?
    im using the default settings, didnt change anything basically
    VzYOD3u.png

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Where do you store the EPG? If you have it defined as being on the NAS drive, then it is going to try to reload it at startup or save it at shutdown. I use my internal HDD as EPG storage and also as main recording location, but I also have a NAS which I use as an archive location for programmes. It is set up as automount and spends most of its time offline/powered off and the box does not continually try to mount it. It just checks at boot time.
    never touched epg so im assuming default location on the box itself (dont even know where to look, where it is exactly)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You will find the EPG settings in the EPG menu.
    Menu > Setup > EPG

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, but i dont see an option to set a path for epg, anwyays, i got the epg when the nas is offline, so its definetly not an issue, ive had the epg before i even set up the mount

Title
    Thanks
    So if you haven,t turn on debug logs (Menu, setup, system, logs, settings .... enable, save other than flash, SET LOCAL time!

Post debug log(s)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    it seems that the timeshift is the problem
    Code:
    14:06:01.4815 [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/autofs/DownloadsRPI/Recordings// statfs failed: Function not implemented
    it shows up in logs every time the gui freezes

but i thought if the timeshift is disabled in "automatically start after" it needs human intervention to start "recording"

Ok it happens everytime when i try to change channel, press ok to enable inforbar epg, or when i enter timeshift settings, right now it doesnt happen when i just browse the channel list but i think it did in the past
    Last edited by Szelest; 01-05-23 at 13:36.

Title
    Thanks
    Thats why I asked for debug log, I think,both timeshift and recording use same device … not at home, so cannot check but don,t think you can separate the 2, as basically,timeshift is a recording.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    They are separate functions and you can set different locations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast