Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My luck neever changes ......... HELP !

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Once you reconnect wire, go back in tuner A, where it says 28.2, scroll till it says 30.5. Disable 30.5, save. Go back to 28.2, save again. That will get rid of it.
    Where is disable ?? Not plugged cable in yet ( Will get ladders in an hour ) but just gone in , selected advance , scrolled to 30.5 Arabsat 5A/6A but cant see disbale ??? I cant see it

20230513_091949.jpg

Can i just delete the line ' config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.305.lnb=1 ' from the config and upload it ??

Dave.
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 13-05-23 at 09:25.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,162 Times in 6,237 Posts
    Keep the second line on 30.5. On the third line, where it says LNB1, press left till it says "not configured". Make sure you save the changes by pressing green when you finish.

If you want to manually edit the file called settings, you can do so. But enigma2 must be stopped by issuing an "init 4" command first with putty/terminal or similar. Then edit file, save, ensure transfer completes. Restart with an "init 3" command.

If you want to take clearer screenshots, see following thread:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    Gotcha , done that now. It may be tomoz as the wife is forcing me to go shopping now so gowd nows when I will be back !

Dave.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to query your cabling, is the following correct?

1 - Shotgun cable A. To Sitting room. Connected to Vu
    2 - Shotgun cable A. To Sitting room. Not connected.
    3 - Shotgun cable B. To Conservatory, severed.
    4 - Shotgun cable B. To Conservatory, severed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Sort of there is actually 6 cables they are :-

1) Cable A to living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
    2) Cable A To living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
    3) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected)
    4) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected)
    5) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.)
    6) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.)

If they had not cut the other 2 - Cable C's (Unsure why they did, If i had seen her about to do it I would have stopped her !) then I would have used 1 for CSS and the other 2 for Legacy. Typical !

Oh there is another 2 connected to the other dish that has the Wideband LNB thats useless ! (Way to high for me to get too - WIll get pics)

WAY TO HIGH ! (I shat myself doing to the other !)

20230513_130443.jpg

The Cut & Yes she left the gaurd like that , cracking job ??? :-

20230513_130459.jpg

The split that goes to conservatory :-

20230513_130502.jpg

Cheers ,

Dave.

Unsure why images have been rotated ?
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 13-05-23 at 13:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the pictures. There is a bit of disparity between your pictures and description. Your LNB has three outputs, you have stated that four wires are connected.

I will just repeat my golden rule of tuner configuration:
    Tuner configuration for each tuner must match what is hooked up to it.

Title
    Thanks
    1) Cable A to living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
    2) Cable A To living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
    3) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected) **** NOT CONNECTED *****
    4) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected) **** NOT CONNECTED *****
    5) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.) **** NOT CONNECTED *****
    6) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.) **** NOT CONNECTED *****

Yes 3 outputs on LNB but only A (1 & 2) is connected and connected to legacy until i go up and move one to CSS.

The picture was an old picture I originalg took to show the dish the LNB had not been fitted when that was took !! sorry for confusion.

Going up soon.
    Dave.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok been up , Connected one of the cables to CSS connected (The cotrect one) toTuner A on Vu+. So there is only one cable connected to tuner A the other is not connected.

Rear of VU+ - I assume this is tuner A ?

20230513_163832.jpg

Settings :-

20230513_163419.jpg

Signal Tester :-

20230513_162750.jpg

And a service scan (This took seconds to compete ??)

20230513_162928.jpg

Still nothing !

EDIT :-

1) I have also changed the Model to GT-S2dCSS24 from the DLNB-Hello one just incase.
    2) I confirmed that I am using the correct tuner (A)

I have a spare VU+ solo2 Does this have the ability to for CSS ?? If so I can plug that in and flash it with latest and try on there save cocking all my channels and settings up (Incase its not that)

Dave.

I have a small tree in the front garden .......

man-tied-with-rope-kill-me-2sul4zoc2basito4.jpg
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 13-05-23 at 17:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Your pictures does not reflect what you have said. Can you please state the current physical setup. Can you then state the current tuner setup (all 8) or attach the output of:
    cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt ( a text file will be created in /tmp/ directory)

Please refrain from mentioning anything of the past, we need to talk about the current setup. Also, you mentioned that you had reception issues where the lower dish is. Surely it makes sense to scan the whole satellite and not just one transponder? Let me know if you want me to teamviewer across.

All Enigma2 receivers support unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Ok let me start a fresh so no confusion.

I have a sky dish with a Unicable LNB fitted and aligned by an engineer.

I have 2 Cable coming into the living room where the box VU+ Is.

I have connected one end of the cable to the DCSS on the LNB and the other to the VU+ box. The other cable is disocnnected, So just one is plugged into VU+.

So just to be clear there is one cable plugged into the LNB that goes into the VU+ box.

I have for now just configured Tuner A & B as follows.

Tuner A :-

20230513_175622.jpg

Tuner B :-

20230513_175629.jpg

All the rest I have left Inactive. As you can see there is no preview at all as its not working. I can try the signal tester and also shows nothing.

20230513_175948.jpg

If i change the cable to legacy on LNB and plug into tuner A it works fine, Signal test is 100%.

Hope this explains well enough.

Dave.
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 13-05-23 at 18:05.

Title
    Thanks
    Do not use signal finder, use manual scan instead. In Manual scan, select single satellite, then scan.

Information, do not take action:
    At dish end, I would have hooked up one cable to Unicable output and one cable to universal output. This would allow me option to swap cables and use different part of LNB while testing without having to go up/down the ladder.

Title
    Thanks
    This is a picture of manual scan. Please ensure that you select single satellite.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    " At dish end, I would have hooked up one cable to Unicable output and one cable to universal output " - I have I just didnt want to complicate things.

Ok Gone to manual scan here :-

20230513_181604.jpg

Scan taking a while - No channels found :-

20230513_181952.jpg

And scan finsihed with nothing found :-

20230513_182416.jpg

Dave.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDaddy View Post
    " At dish end, I would have hooked up one cable to Unicable output and one cable to universal output " - I have I just didnt want to complicate things.
    Put receiver into deep standby and then swap the cables over at the beck of the receiver. You may have mixed up the cables. Do not touch tuner configuration. Then repeat the manual scan.

Title
    Thanks
    Same result as above no channels found.

20230513_184023.jpg

Dave.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast