Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My luck neever changes ......... HELP !

Title
    Thanks
    Yes scan gives nothing. I have 2 dishes :-

1) Had a normal LNB and was useinf fine - Now fitted the Uni Cable LNB onto that.

2) A brand new dish put up with sky , original LNB get noting from that. Are these Wide LNB then maybe ?

I was going to use the new sky dish as a temporary and spare dish why i got the other Uni LNB wokring.

If i try the 2 legacy ports on the new LNB these should work as normal right ?

Dave.
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 03-05-23 at 13:33.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Post pictures of LNBs on both dishes at the moment. Please do not mention anything about past.

Title
    Thanks
    We can just concentrate on the new Uni Cable one for now, other is to high for me to reach !.

20230503_141707.jpg

20230503_141655.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

P.S If i cant figure it I shall just have to get a satalite guy to fit it.
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 03-05-23 at 14:25.

Title
    Thanks
    OK, we will not be discussing new dish with wideband/legacy outputs.

Your unicable LNb, does it have legacy/universal ports too? Have you tried those output and setting tuner as simple, single 28.2?

Title
    Thanks
    Yeh i get nothing from there either, Why i though the LNB could be faulty.

Dave.

Title
    Thanks
    The ports are actually separate.

You are not getting anything from Unicable ouput when tuner is correctly configured
    You are not getting anything output from universal output when tuner is correctly configured. I presume you have checked the F-plugs are still connected correctly. And that you are not mixing up the wires?

You said you cannot reach the other sky LNB. Are you able to test your box at another location (not with a wideband LNB for Sky Q)?

Title
    Thanks
    I switched cables around to make siure i had the correct one and nother from anything

I have just tried the wideband LNB (New one) on my sansung TV thorugh the sat ports on there and nothing works on that - assume Samsung TV not wideband compatible.

I cant reach the other dish it was to far up so I cant mess with that one.

I will refit the old LNB (Sky one but a 4 port legacy one). Works fibe with old LNB so assume cabling is ok.

Dave.

Title
    Thanks
    If old universal LNB on reachable dish (where the unicable one is/was) works with both cables, then safe to say unicable LNB is faulty.

The only devices that will work with wideband LNBs are the SkyQ boxes and Arris Freesat boxes. There are unicable switches that are compatible with wideband lnbs.

Title
    Thanks
    Yeh it has to be the LNB right ??

Re Fitted the old LNB , Shocking AGC but its working fine and picture is good and stable :-

20230503_152153.jpg

I am tempted to get a sat engineer to go up on the peek of my roof and change the Wideband LNB with the unicable one (When i have it repleced !) Its a better signal as we have huge tree's out back.

Thanks for all your help all,

Dave.

Title
    Thanks
    Sent old one back , Ordered a new one. World of satalite still not got none sadly.

Dave.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDaddy View Post
    Yeh it has to be the LNB right ??

Re Fitted the old LNB , Shocking AGC but its working fine and picture is good and stable :-

20230503_152153.jpg

I am tempted to get a sat engineer to go up on the peek of my roof and change the Wideband LNB with the unicable one (When i have it repleced !) Its a better signal as we have huge tree's out back.

Thanks for all your help all,

Dave.
    That's not necessarily a shocking AGC

AGC = Automatic Gain Control

In General
    High signal input = low AGC value
    Low signal input = high AGC value

Also check multiple transponders.

Huge trees out the back may not be a problem

Go to www.dishpointer.com
    1) In one of the boxes select the satellite which is "28.2E Astra E, Astra F, Astra G"
    2) Put your postcode in the other box and press GO
    3) You will get a map of your location which has an option to change to an aerial photo. You can zoom into your house.
    4) On the map/photo you get a green line pointing to the satellite. Click on the green blob at the end of the green line and drag it to the location where your dish is positioned
    5) In the corner of the map/photo there should be a options tick box "Show obstacles line of sight checker"
    6) This will put a red blob on the line which you can click on to move. This will show the height of the signal for which to get a for clear signal. Are the trees lower than this value?
    Last edited by adm; 04-05-23 at 20:42.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

TheRealDaddy (04-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Brill thanks !!! Here is the image :-

myhouse.jpg

Nice to know the AGC not shcoking as well. In all honesty whe they woman from sky said the signal was not good enough for sky so she put a new one on the peak of the roof , I didnt think it would make much differecne. I know there are trees and they are high but had no issues in the 8 years I been here.

Dave.

P.S If i can just stop the damn box from freezing I should be ok ! Help Needed :- https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...freeze-!/page2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDaddy View Post
    Brill thanks !!! Here is the image :-

myhouse.jpg

Nice to know the AGC not shcoking as well. In all honesty whe they woman from sky said the signal was not good enough for sky so she put a new one on the peak of the roof , I didnt think it would make much differecne. I know there are trees and they are high but had no issues in the 8 years I been here.
    The red blob height is actually referenced to the bottom of your dish. If your dish is mounted 6 metres high then the red blob height shown in your photo is 6m + 18m from the ground
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    So the saga continues ............

I decided to get a satalite engineer out to do this as I am realy not well enought to be going up ladders and damn near killed me last time !!!

New LNB turned up and the guy came today to fit. He fitted the LNB and I said we would try the LEGACY first , He did use his meter and move the dish slightly but unlike before I got a signal on the legacy and programs workded !!!! Image below :-

20230512_170830.jpg

I was excited now. Then he plugged the cable into the CSS bit and nothing at all again, we tried both cables and configured the same as to test everything and nothing. I tried to tune as well and zip :-(. The guy mention that the LNB was tuned to German and Italian the same as I mention above and said technically is should not work. I had said other had the same one and had no issues and the instructions says use (0975) for band 1 and I did. I am totally confused and frustrated to as why this does not work. I have left the LNB up and connected the 2 ports to the legacy for now. I did not take any pictutres of the signal tester screen when i has the CSS connected but I did take an image of the tuning screen that confused me even more. I had selected 28.2 (as above image, same as before) and the system keeps saying its 30.5 E Arabsat - What in gods name is this ?? The settings had 28 set so where is that even coming from ??? See image :-

20230512_162117.jpg

Ands then when I tried to change it back to simple after connecting the LEGACY again i get this :-

20230512_162354.jpg

Select yes and it all works fine again through the Legacy.

I am litrelly in tears at the minute , I have been to the hardware store to get some rope !!!!

The only thing I notice is that on Willo's screen shot the make was different :-

Screenshot 2023-05-12 173138.jpg

And I am using ' DLNB Hello ' as per instructions - Will this make a differene ???

Any ideas what to do next ??? (Not with the rope with the LNb ! lol)

Dave.

P.S Cost me £45 for the satalite guy as well.......
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 12-05-23 at 17:33.

Title
    Thanks
    Is this LNB on a motorised dish?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast