Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Extensions/GBipboxClient no attribute "WHERE_RECORDTIMER"

Title
    Thanks

Extensions/GBipboxClient no attribute "WHERE_RECORDTIMER"

Hello I'm using an Octagon SX988 (OpenViX 6.3.007) in client mode and have been trying to work out how to get my recordings on/off the server (Vu+ Uno4KSE, OpenViX 6.3.007).

Client mode on the Octagon seems to install the "GBipboxClient" plugin which might offer the solution. I fiddled with the settings in this plugin, however, now after enabling a setting (the last one I think) I now get the following error when I open the plugins menu:

Code:
    Some plugins are not available Extensions/GBipboxClient (type object 'PluginDescriptor' has no attribute "WHERE_RECORDTIMER")
    I tried to uninstall the GBipboxClient plugin and reinstall it but the plugin configuration settings seem to remain. Does anyone know how I would clear the configuration of this plugin only?

Much appreciated,

Paul

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    First thing you need running is Samba plugin on your boxes and have it running.

On the box with no feeds you need to go into network browser and scan and it should pull up your other boxes , click on it and look for the HDD and mount it. Save it.

That is now a box on your mounts list with recordings and to access it press the File List button on remote it should bring up your recordings list on that box.

Any other boxes or Nas are simply added to and saved and your choice from what location you want to see recordings.

On plugins etc go into the red section to remove a loaded service you dont want.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I think I sorted it all out, but have some feedback:

To get rid of the "Some plugins are not available Extensions/GBipboxClient (type object 'PluginDescriptor' has no attribute "WHERE_RECORDTIMER")" I ended up just doing a factory reset.

I got the recordings to the server working now. I ticked the "Replace HDD" option in both the mount settings and GBipboxClient plugin. It did not work though until I did a reboot though.

I noticed a bug in that the network browser would not work with my USB WiFi adaptor (which otherwise works well), and had to use Ethernet as it would only scan on eth0.

One other problem I has was that there is not "File List"/"PVR" button on the the Octagon SX988 remote control! I had to use the Setup->User Interface->Button Setup to remap the blue button to "Show movies". There are a lot of useless buttons on this remote control, but when I try to remap most of the useless buttons I get a circle with a diagonal line through it on the top-right of the screen - it would be good if I could remap all the buttons.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No boxes need to be hard wired to work on network.

Post a photo of your remote? Thought it might have had a user manual included of what buttons are used for.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    No boxes need to be hard wired to work on network.

Post a photo of your remote? Thought it might have had a user manual included of what buttons are used for.
    The box works well on WiFi, it's just that I could only get the network browser to work on eth0. I even tried to set the WiFi as the default network adapter, but still would not work. (network browser doesn't seem necessary to add a network mount though).

The remote is this one: https://www.octagon-germany.eu/produ...b-s2/sx988-4k/

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is a way to map keys on remotes to do what you want. This was originally from PLI/ATV. It was vehemently opposed to when I wanted to add it with the help of Twol. It was subsequently added. One of the senior developers will be able to assist you as there was another set of remote control commits.

However, what is the button with the three lines, just above the volume keys?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (16-04-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    However, what is the button with the three lines, just above the volume keys?
    That is the menu button. It opens the main OpenViX menu, so quite a critical one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to paul4ow For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-04-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Hopefully one of the senior people will advise how to modify it. Not as if you can use some of those buttons in E2. There is a way to modify it at source for all users. And also for someone to add changes to their box.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/brand...cpositions.xml

A remap of F1 key to work as Help on a GB UE 4k remote was done like this.
    Code:
    <button keyid="KEY_F1" remap="KEY_HELP" name="HELP" title="F1 / Help" pos="26,409" shape="rect" size="30,17" />
    You will find the file in /usr/share

As an example to remap the F10 key
    change
    Code:
    <button keyid="KEY_F10" name="F10" title="F10" pos="21,101" shape="rect" size="16,10" />
    to

Code:
    <button keyid="KEY_F10" remap="KEY_LIST" name="PLAYLIST" title="PLAYLIST" pos="21,101" shape="rect" size="16,10" />

Title
    Thanks
    I've noticed a couple of more issues on the client with this streaming-only-client setup:

1. If I enable client mode everything works, but then when I restart then my Freesat bouquet does not appear. I fixed this by disabling client mode and then setting up the streaming client using GBipboxClient only.
    2. With this setup I only notice one problem -- this is that when the client box starts from a cold boot, the first channel selected will timeout and not stream. Subsequently changing channels, all streaming then works perfectly.

Title
    Thanks
    I thought GBipboxClient plugin was only for use if gigablue stb is used as server box.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    I thought GBipboxClient plugin was only for use if gigablue stb is used as server box.
    I'm not clear when to use what when configuring the client. There is a wizard which appears when you power on the box for the first time and it scans for other boxes - this seems to configure GBipboxClient but not client mode.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4ow View Post
    Hello I'm using an Octagon SX988 (OpenViX 6.3.007) in client mode and have been trying to work out how to get my recordings on/off the server (Vu+ Uno4KSE, OpenViX 6.3.007).

Client mode on the Octagon seems to install the "GBipboxClient" plugin which might offer the solution. I fiddled with the settings in this plugin, however, now after enabling a setting (the last one I think) I now get the following error when I open the plugins menu:

Code:
    Some plugins are not available Extensions/GBipboxClient (type object 'PluginDescriptor' has no attribute "WHERE_RECORDTIMER")
    I tried to uninstall the GBipboxClient plugin and reinstall it but the plugin configuration settings seem to remain. Does anyone know how I would clear the configuration of this plugin only?

Much appreciated,

Paul
    "WHERE_RECORDTIMER" belongs to OpenATV image. So it looks like you are trying to run a plugin that was written with OpenATV in mind.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    It is strange that GBipBoxClient is installed by default with the OpenViX Octagon SX988 image if it doesn't really work! It would be better not to install it and then just use Client Mode.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4ow View Post
    It is strange that GBipBoxClient is installed by default with the OpenViX Octagon SX988 image if it doesn't really work! It would be better not to install it and then just use Client Mode.
    Not by us. It is in Octagon meta.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!