Hi all,

Newbie here, but since I've already spent half of Easter looking for an old RS232 cable, might as well give this a shot!

I tried to update a channel list from one version of an Ariva 254 to another via USB a few days ago... But alas, I must've missed something in the uploading process as it accepted all, began to reboot... and then dead.

No "ON", no "Ash", no logo... nothing. It just won't appear to power on - no lights at the ethernet port, or via the Optical out (if it is supposed to have those), no "ON" on the front display. Power adaptor is fine, as it powers the other model just fine (and the other model's adaptor does not power the broken one.)

I really can't see how I could have fried anything in the process, but I found out too late that apparently Ariva firmware/channel uploading is not quite the easy task it's supposed to be.

The unit is in perfect low-use condition otherwise, so I thought it worth a go to see if any of you have had any experience of this failure, or advice on if it is even possible to bring it back from the dead at all. The sheer 'lack of power' after a channel upload still baffles me. Now I wish I'd just done the damn rearranging manually..

Thoughts most welcome and any suggestions would be amazing.

Thanks a lot!