Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Channels problem

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agricola View Post
    Thanks, I have set the two tuners to Astra as per your screenshot and for Tuner C I have set it to spur hill. Is there anything else I should be doing whilst the box is connected to the internet?
    You should be good to connect back to Saorview/Satellite. Here's my second page of ABM config.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Thanks, I have set the two tuners to Astra as per your screenshot
    If you have two signal wires from a satellite dish pointing at 28.2, that is correct.

and for Tuner C I have set it to spur hill. Is there anything else I should be doing whilst the box is connected to the internet?
    You might need to transfer a mix file, await Joe_90's response. If you do not have to install the wi-fi drivers then you can move it back. Don't drop the TV!

In the ABM configure menu, I recommend to enable "add provider name to bouquets". Avoids confusion between bouquets of different providers with same name.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes - you can have a Sky bouquet as well - just the free-to-air (FTA) stuff. It hacks Irish Sky viewers off no end when you show them all the Channel 5 and ITV variants that are not carried on the official Sky box!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    @abu's reference to a mix file can wait until another time. I use a custom mix file to link the Saorview and Freesat bouquets into one. Saorview starts at position 1 and runs through to 21 or so. Then Freesat starts at 101 and goes on from there... small steps first.

Title
    Thanks
    Here's what you should see on the Saorview and Freesat bouquets once you're up and running.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the help guys. The pics are a great help Joe 90. I have followed your settings so wonder if I need to do anything else now at this stage. IMG_20230221_225545256.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    ABM will create the channels correctly for you.

I don't know what dishes/aerial you have, so this could take long. Exit out of all menus, then
    Blue > Vix im.... > Backup Manager > Select the most recent settings backup, restore it. Box will reboot.

Then go into ABM, update the provider files, then run ABM. Install wi-fi drivers and put TV back. We can tidy the rest up when you have more time.
    When I try to do this now I get the follwing IMG_20230221_224703853.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the help guys. The pics are a great help Joe 90. I have followed your settings so wonder if I need to do anything else now at this stage. IMG_20230221_225545256.jpg
    Just connect up to your aerial and satellite leads and run ABM! You'll need to configure your EPG and run the OpenTV grabber to pull down the satellite EPG from Sky.

Title
    Thanks
    Are the next steps so to do a scan or what do I need to do to get the Saorview and freesat bouquets that you have in your post?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Just connect up to your aerial and satellite leads and run ABM! You'll need to configure your EPG and run the OpenTV grabber to pull down the satellite EPG from Sky.
    Any chance you could give me the instructions on how to do the above please as I have the aerial and satellite in? Or point me in the direction of the page on the manual?

Title
    Thanks
    Are the next steps so to do a scan or what do I need to do to get the Saorview and freesat bouquets that you have in your post?
    No just go into ABM and run it (Start Scan). It will create the bouquets. When you tune into RTE it will pull down the 7/8 day EPG automatically. I wouldn't go restoring any settings from a backup just yet as it may overwrite your configuration.

Title
    Thanks
    ABM menu - here's a pic

Title
    Thanks
    The word "SCAN" is a bit confusing/misleading. ABM just tunes a single terrestrial and or satellite channel and extracts the channel information. It doesn't actually scan through an entire satellite.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-02-23)

Title
    Thanks
    So I started scan to see what would happen but not sure if that is what I should do? Thanks for all your help. I will try and read more about it regarding configuring EPG and how to run the Open TV grabber. Lent begins tomorrow but to those who have helped me over the past few nights, I think that you have already done some penance!! Patience is a great virtue so thanks for your patience and I think somehow I will be back on this forum again very soon!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you have connected the satellite wire (correctly) and aerial ABM will work (scan) fine. Don't do anything else until that is working.

Can you please confirm you have two satellite wires?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast