Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Channels problem

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satteliter View Post
    ok, so the usb key you used on your windows computer may not be formatted in a format recognised by the tv box which runs linux.

if you don't have wifi usb already setup, then you cant connect it to wifi but if you have a network cable (looks like https://media.startech.com/cms/produ...cxmbk.main.jpg), then you can connect the box direct to the sky wifi box (will have ports at back i think - example eir box Attachment 64792) thus making the next few steps easier.
    USB flash drive must be formatted FAT32.

But would be much easier if the OP connects to the box via the home network.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    you can disconnect the box from the tv, satellite cable and aerial cable and just plug it in near the sky box. it just needs temporary connection to the network(via network cable) to download the image. you will be acceessing the box from your laptop and not the tv so it is ok.

i.e. at this stage, the box just needs power and network connectivity. after we get through that part, you can disconnect it and plug it back into tv,satellite,aerial etc. to finish off the setup

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that, box now connected to the router.

I have image on USB stick so do I need to do something with that?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Sorry, I did not realise it was not connected to the network. Can you try and download an image using Image manager?

Blue > Vix > Image Manager > Yellow (Downloads)

If that succeeds, select the 6.3 image and then flash it.

Title
    Thanks
    ok, so because you're with sky: i am taking these steps from the web:

open a browser on your computer. (then we're going to follow instructions listed here - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadba...1/ba-p/2649511)

also, make sure your tv box is powered on.
    then:

Open your browser and type 192.168.0.1 into your address bar
    When prompted enter the username: admin and password: sky

if that doesn't work, enter the username: admin and your wifi password, then come back here and let us know whether it says error or whether it allows you to the next screen

Title
    Thanks
    Screenshot (882).jpg
    this is what I see now, no prompt for username or passwords

Title
    Thanks
    i was hoping to see some ip addresses listed. is there other information in there that have something that looks like 192.168.1.2 or 2001:db8:3333:4444:5555:6666:7777:8888.?

Title
    Thanks
    Nope, nothing. Just swapped ports and cable and now the box is showing. Sorry! Screenshot (883).jpg
    Last edited by Agricola; 21-02-23 at 00:55.

Title
    Thanks
    ok, download this - https://nmap.org/dist/nmap-7.93-setup.exe and install it on your windows computer.

it is a tool that will scan your network looking for port 22. it is safe etc.. it's a way to figure out the ip address of your box.

when you install it, click through . and when you see the 'choose components' screen - you have to tick the 'Npcap 1.71' to make sure that it is installed.
    after it is installed, you open it in windows start menu etc.. and then come back here

Screenshot 2023-02-20 235718.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    I have it open now

Title
    Thanks
    so the text you type will be different as i'm not with sky. so the image is for guidance but this is the text you use(i think - unless sky does things different)

nmap scan 22.jpg

the area circled red is where you type the text, then press scan.

the area below it will output the results of the scan. you are looking for something in green (circled in green in image
    green text stating "22/tcp open ssh"

this is the text you put in the red area:

nmap -p 22 -T4 192.168.0.0/24

the ip address above the green text will have 'nmap scan report for 192.168.0.x)
    take a note of x

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, so I did that and the IP is (192.168.0.26)

Title
    Thanks
    great. so i dont use filezilla but in winscp, this is how i would connect to that ip(which is the network address of the box)

Screenshot 2023-02-21 001530.png

the other programs are gonna be much the same or you can just downoad winscp (also free)

the important things are the ip address (192.168.0.26), the port (22), the protocol (SCP) , the username (root), the password (root)
    do that and click connect.

it will mention do you want to accept key etc. - just click yes and then you are connected to the box.
    then come back here

Title
    Thanks
    All done, as far as I thinkScreenshot (885).jpg

Title
    Thanks
    ok, so the left pane is your local machine. the right pane is the tv box. the up arrow with 2 periods beside it is the up a level link. on the right pane, double click that, and you go to /home
    double click it again and you go to /

from there, you should see a folder called 'media', then inside that a folder called 'hdd', click into media, then hdd, then post a screenshot of the contents of 'hdd' here.
    if you don't see those or get stuck , let us know

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast