Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edision MIO+ 4K Australian experience

Title
    Thanks
    If I may. Since we appear as if we know a bit about tuner drivers I would like to suggest an idea.
    I have the os mio4K. Used OpenATV for the longest time. Eventually installing ver. 7.
    Currently running ViX 6.4. Versus 6.3 is seems to start a bit slow. Hanging a bit on 35 on the display before muddling to operation.
    I also have TNAP installed in a slot. I don't use it much. ViX is what I now use all of the time.

In blindscans for the USA I noticed some missed transponders with ViX. Narrowing my scanning ranges helped a bit. But sometimes not.
    TNAP hit them every time. Speaking of closely spaced tp frequencies.
    I got curious and placed the TNAP tuner drivers in ViX and re-scanned the problem satellites. The issues were solved. So that is now "how I roll".
    Just because the image is tweaked for N. America doesn't particularly mean it won't work for other regions. And the tuner drivers were directly developed to address closely spaced transponders and such.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Which tuner drivers? Are you saying those drivers are for the internal tuner. If so where can we get those from?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    LegitFTA. Get the TNAP multiboot image. Extract with 7zip. Extract until you get to rootfs.tar group. Keep extracting until you get to the familiar E2 file system.
    Your drivers are in the usual lib/modules directories. Hopefully you can take it from there.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Which tuner drivers? Are you saying those drivers are for the internal tuner. If so where can we get those from?
    See posts #23 and #28 of this thread.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Simple answer is no. There is nothing on the market with more that 2 DVB-T tuners except expensive boxes like the Duo4k and then you have 4... or use USB tuners, which is horrible.
    Thanks for the reply and on that advice I will keep the DUO4k and return it to the HT as a network mount so we can use the multi tuners' again, should be good and, I am planning a 2.4M PF antenna.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    We are experiencing some frequent picture freezes with audio drop out on DTV, solution is to use Tuner A for a moment then revert to Tuner B again; All ok for maybe the rest of the day.

I have replaced the 23 year old MH amp and its external 4G LTE low pass filter with a new fully screened variant including an internal low pass filter at 16M on our comms tower where there is a high gain array for the sender 59KM away.

Better S/n and stable pic now DVB-T, but still the freezes persist.

Maybe the earlier driver for this tuner, as with the satellite side in post #23 in this thread.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aust-VAST For This Useful Post:

lespat (20-01-24)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123