Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG - Duplicate guide data

Title
    Thanks

Question EPG - Duplicate guide data

I'm fairly new to OpenVix, I am trying to determine the best way to use the EPG.

I am using the EPGImporter plugin and I have tried with the default settings, also with just Freesat, and again with just OpenTV EPG, and it seems that I have the same issue with all, and not sure if this is a bug in the listings, or something I'm doing wrong.

This concerns the listing for Great! Xmas - which seems to have duplicate entries for the Movie News which splits the films, but as a result, when I set a timer, it doesn't automatically record the second part of the movie, even though I have the setting to allow 20 minutes set. Typically the news is on for just 5 minutes or so, but the guide date shows 2 programmes starting a minute apart, but one of the programmes is shown as over an hour

Here's a sample listing from today:
    Attachment 64468

You can see the listings, the duplicate news and the different lengths of the News features.

My understanding is that this is the "new modern" way to get the listings data, I don't see "crossEPG" under my EPG options

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BatterBits View Post
    I'm fairly new to OpenVix, I am trying to determine the best way to use the EPG.

I am using the EPGImporter plugin and I have tried with the default settings, also with just Freesat, and again with just OpenTV EPG, and it seems that I have the same issue with all, and not sure if this is a bug in the listings, or something I'm doing wrong.

This concerns the listing for Great! Xmas - which seems to have duplicate entries for the Movie News which splits the films, but as a result, when I set a timer, it doesn't automatically record the second part of the movie, even though I have the setting to allow 20 minutes set. Typically the news is on for just 5 minutes or so, but the guide date shows 2 programmes starting a minute apart, but one of the programmes is shown as over an hour

Here's a sample listing from today:
    Attachment 64468

You can see the listings, the duplicate news and the different lengths of the News features.

My understanding is that this is the "new modern" way to get the listings data, I don't see "crossEPG" under my EPG options
    Crossepg is a downloadable plugin from the feeds, whether it would be better with this split I haveno idea
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

BatterBits (28-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Is my understanding wrong then? is CrossEPG better?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you are using the Rytec EPG from the internet (acquired by EPG importer), you should disable Freesat EPG as well as disable the OPenTV Epg reader. Important thing is to use one EPG source for services and not combine two different sources.

For OpenTV EPG, see here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...K-epg-download

In my opinion we should disable the Freesat EPG reader as a default because the OpenTV EPG reader is default on image.

Attached is the EPG with only one source.
    great xmas.jpg]

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Is my understanding wrong then? is CrossEPG better?
    OpenTV EPG is built-in and does the same as Cross, i.e. downloads the listings from 11778V on Astra 2. Also OpenTV does a better job of parsing the data.

If EPG-Importer and OpenTV are both showing the same problem this mean the most likely problem is the data sent by the broadcaster is broken.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you are using the Rytec EPG from the internet (acquired by EPG importer), you should disable Freesat EPG as well as disable the OPenTV Epg reader. Important thing is to use one EPG source for services and not combine two different sources.

For OpenTV EPG, see here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...K-epg-download

In my opinion we should disable the Freesat EPG reader as a default because the OpenTV EPG reader is default on image.

Attached is the EPG with only one source.
    great xmas.jpg]
    Can you tell me which one source you are using for that screen shot?

I've got mine down to one source, so not getting the duplicates now, but the news shows on mine are coming in at 64 minutes, so not showing the second half of the film...

Title
    Thanks
    I was just using the Freesat reader. Did you delete the cache first?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    I was just using the Freesat reader. Did you delete the cache first?
    I really appreciate your support, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, the guide data seems to be different for me.
    These are my settings:
    EPG_Settings.png

And my sources:
    EPG_Sources.png

And I can confirm that I have deleted the cache before running a manual import, which gives me this listing:
    Great xmas EPG.png

Note that the News items are 64 minutes and start at xx:56

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    @BatterBits - you seem to have two EPG sources enabled - Freesat and Rytec. The Freesat EPG is transmitted with the satellite signal data, the Rytec EPG is internet sourced. @abu's example in post #7 is using the Freesat data only. If you mix different EPG sources, you will get different results. So, maybe stick to the Freesat reader only and turn off Rytec for Uk/Ireland. Or just enable the OpenTV reader in the EPG settings (and turn off Freesat and Rytec) if you can receive 28.2E direct. The OpenTV data direct from the satellite stream is the most authoritative and up-to-date source.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-11-22),BatterBits (29-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    @BatterBits - you seem to have two EPG sources enabled - Freesat and Rytec. The Freesat EPG is transmitted with the satellite signal data, the Rytec EPG is internet sourced. @abu's example in post #7 is using the Freesat data only. If you mix different EPG sources, you will get different results. So, maybe stick to the Freesat reader only and turn off Rytec for Uk/Ireland. Or just enable the OpenTV reader in the EPG settings (and turn off Freesat and Rytec) if you can receive 28.2E direct. The OpenTV data direct from the satellite stream is the most authoritative and up-to-date source.
    Thanks - so I have disabled the rytec sources, and enabled the "Enable opentv EPG in settings. I have then enabled the OpenTV EPG downloader. Is there any way to "force" the download of the EPG data? I have deleted the cache, and all the channels are now empty....

Title
    Thanks
    Please also disable the Freesat EPG reader. This is in the EPG settings, it is separate to the Freesat sources in Rytec.

In the OpenTV EPG downloader menu, enable show in extension, restart enigma2. When you next press blue, you will see "OpenTV EPG forced download". That will manually do the zap so EPG is absorbed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BatterBits (29-11-22),Joe_90 (29-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Please also disable the Freesat EPG reader. This is in the EPG settings, it is separate to the Freesat sources in Rytec.

In the OpenTV EPG downloader menu, enable show in extension, restart enigma2. When you next press blue, you will see "OpenTV EPG forced download". That will manually do the zap so EPG is absorbed.
    Thanks so much, Finally, I can keep the wife happy!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Thanks so much, Finally, I can keep the wife happy!
    Yes, you just have to press the right buttons.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    ... I can never seem to find it
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    HaHa , the age old mystery
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast