Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recently I have been unable to view/record channel 4hd

Title
    Thanks

Recently I have been unable to view/record channel 4hd

For a couple of weeks now, I have been unable to view or record channel 4HD programs on Satellite without retuning the system. Terrestrial isok but is affected by weather conditions here! All recordings are for no time. And the channel is blank. Once retuned it works fine for a short time (not sure if hours or overnight) then back to blank screen! Any ideas? Or what I can give you to help diagnose the issue? Means I miss the Grand Prix races amongst other things!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is it just Channel 4HD? Could the dish be slightly misaligned?

Channel 4 HD, for me, is on 11126 V 22000.

The only other channel on this transponder is: 4 Seven SD

Is 4 Seven playing up too?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    How are you turning off the receiver? If you just hit the power switch at the back or turn off at the mains it will lose any changes you had made.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Do not use ABM or any other channel "scanning" plugins for the following test.

Perform a manual scan, single satellite, no to network scan. You can enable "clear before scan" if you want.

How many channels do you get? (You should get over 850 services.)

Title
    Thanks
    Just using the remote to shut it down to standby not powering it off with the power switch

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Do not use ABM or any other channel "scanning" plugins for the following test.

Perform a manual scan, single satellite, no to network scan. You can enable "clear before scan" if you want.

How many channels do you get? (You should get over 850 services.)
    Just performed while Channel 4HD has nothing to show and I get 845 services

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Widower2008 View Post
    I get 859 scanning 28.2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-08-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    For a couple of weeks now, I have been unable to view or record channel 4HD programs on Satellite without retuning the system. Terrestrial isok but is affected by weather conditions here! All recordings are for no time. And the channel is blank. Once retuned it works fine for a short time (not sure if hours or overnight) then back to blank screen! Any ideas? Or what I can give you to help diagnose the issue? Means I miss the Grand Prix races amongst other things!
    Are you in the UK?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In your last scanned bouquet is there more than one entry for Channel 4 HD? If so you may be just selecting the placeholder for the channel that has moved frequency. This may/will have no picture - but another channel4 HD in that list will be the new frequency with a broadcast picture.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Are you in the UK?
    Yes I am on the south coast of UK

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    In your last scanned bouquet is there more than one entry for Channel 4 HD? If so you may be just selecting the placeholder for the channel that has moved frequency. This may/will have no picture - but another channel4 HD in that list will be the new frequency with a broadcast picture.
    I would not expect a retune to fix it then overnight it reverts to not working - A sony tv with satellite capabilities does not appear to have the same issue as the Gibablue box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would not expect a retune to fix it then overnight it reverts to not working - A sony tv with satellite capabilities does not appear to have the same issue as the Gibablue box
    If you have ABM run daily overnight then this likely reason why it reverts. If you stop ABM for a few days, do any changes you make stay more permanent?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Please describe the LNB/wiring connected to your receiver. Do that for one socket (LNB input/F-plug conned tor on receiver) . Clearly and distinctly describe what is connected to the second second socket.

Post a screenshot of config of tuner A. Post another screenshot for tuner B please.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 878 Posts
    Resolution of this problem needs a debug log. It's difficult to understand why C4HD is initially working, then stops and requires a "retune" to get working again. OP has not said whether ABM is used or some other method to scan sat channels. A Freesat or Sky ABM "scan" works for 99+% of users.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    @Widower2008 - I see something very similar in so far as I am on the edge of reception for the 28.2E Astra 2f/2g satellites (2e is no issue) and services like Ch4HD and ITVHD can appear during the day and then by 15.00 start disappearing.... and I am really marginal, so if my Giga4K boxes can pick these services up, so should yours!
    So it wouldn't hurt to get your sat dish just checked that it is in alignment, as if there is an issue these are the services that would be impacted, based on my observations.

However, such an issue could be an interference from some device near by.......... so worth checking whats been installed recently (phones/wifi routers have been one of the culprits in the past)
    Last edited by twol; 06-08-22 at 09:49.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast