Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problems with openvix v 6

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdauthre View Post
    That makes sense, as the seizing problem was occasional it might take a while to see if it is okay. I like the ET8500, especially the fact it can take four tuners, I recently moved and lost use of two satellite tuners. Unfortunatly it seems impossible to get two dvb-t/t2 tuners for the et8500 any more to replace them, so might have to look around for a replacement.
    Is the tuner actually a dual C/T tuner? Or are there separate C & T tuners?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Thanks, which skin are you using??

Also try moving the epg to a usb stick, so you don‘t get spin up/down on the HDD
    Just for complete information - EPG is held and accessed in RAM during normal operation. The only time the HDD is accessed for EPG is at boot time (to refresh the RAM data) and during deep standby/shutdown when the current EPG data is written from RAM to the HDD. The default location for EPG data is in the flash memory, but if you are tight on flash, it might cause issues. HDD is ideal, or USB can be used, but it gives no speed advantage.

If you are using picons, though, they shouldn't be stored on HDD as it will cause disk spinup on every channel change. Picons can be stored on USB stick or similar or in the flash memory if you have sufficient.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    yes they are dual c/t/t2 tuners

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Just for complete information - EPG is held and accessed in RAM during normal operation. The only time the HDD is accessed for EPG is at boot time (to refresh the RAM data) and during deep standby/shutdown when the current EPG data is written from RAM to the HDD. The default location for EPG data is in the flash memory, but if you are tight on flash, it might cause issues. HDD is ideal, or USB can be used, but it gives no speed advantage.

If you are using picons, though, they shouldn't be stored on HDD as it will cause disk spinup on every channel change. Picons can be stored on USB stick or similar or in the flash memory if you have sufficient.
    thanks I am not using picons

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,958 Times in 3,277 Posts
    I am using vix-night-1080 skin.

In checking the epg it was actually on the flash memory - sorry about that, must have reverted when reinstalling the image. Moved the epg to the hard disk which has definitely helped, I will keep an eye on that and move to usb if necessary. Could using the flash memory be the problem with the seizing as well?
    Due to et8500 drivers there are compatibility problems with this skin.

Try switching to "Simple_Ten_Eighty".
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    yes they are dual c/t/t2 tuners
    As much as I think the ET8500 was a super receiver, I think you might be better to think about moving to a newer receiver. Having said that I notice there are still a few dvb-c/t tuners on German web sites.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Due to et8500 drivers there are compatibility problems with this skin.

Try switching to "Simple_Ten_Eighty".
    did the switch, but did not improve the epg scrolling, it is quite nice though, I never bothered to try the alternative skins

Title
    Thanks
    The scrolling has improved to a just about acceptable level, but so far I haven't had any problems with playing back recordings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12