Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing some satellites after moving house

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taximonkey View Post
    When I select the Single / positioner setting my box won’t tune to any of my channel / satellite locations. When I select a different satellite the dish turns as if going to the satellite but then stops and there is no signal received. We set the dish up at Thor 0.8w originally and then I was able to find the other 3 extra satellites I mentioned but USALS was turned off. I can only receive my channels if I have USALS off and the tuner setting is set to advanced. I have 2 tuners connected to the lnb, I had tuner 1 set to advanced and tuner 2 set to Second cable of motorised LNB. Just to be clear does USALS have to be turned on in each satellite setting in Advanced before I go to the Single / Positioner setting?
    Thanks
    USALS has to be enabled before you start setting the dish up. This is not something you can add later.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I have followed advice and downloaded a channel list including all the satellites I wish to receive. And I have set the motor to zero and enabled simple positioner mode. Then I had to search for Thor 0.8w I found it then fine tuned it to get the best signal 85 percent. Then when I exit the positioner setup menu and select a channel in Thor 0.8 west the dish moves off to a different position where there is no signal. I know Thor is correct because when I did set it up manually before in Advanced mode I scanned for channels and got them all. The same for 13.0 19.2 and 28.0. I want to make it clear I am now using Simple Positioner mode only. Is there a way to save the first instance of Thor as the first satellite and then let USALS take care of the rest? Positioner setup will not let me save a setting as USALS is enabled.
    I know I will probably need to re align the dish at some point but that would be in a week or 2 when I could get a friend to help.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You need to adjust your co-ordinates in tuner configuration. USALS will then do the rest.

Title
    Thanks
    In tuner configuration settings Simple/ Positioner my settings are set to my coordinates I have double and triple checked they are correct.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Because your dish was aligned incorrectly, you have to set incorrect co-ordinates to compensate.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Set USALS.

Point the motor physically south and tighten the clamp on the mast.

Make sure elevation setting on motor clamp is correct for your location.

Go in satfinder and select a transponder on 1 west. The motor should move a fraction.

Now adjust the dish around the motor stub for good signal on this transponder. Once adjusted it should work on all satellites.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I don’t think I’m going to get any further with this until I can get back up at the dish and realign everything again. This will when friend brings long ladders and gives me a hand. Sorry if I’ve been a pain but I didn’t have to do this last time I tuned everything in manually with UsALS turned off but this wasn’t possible this time round. Thanks for your help guys I’ll give you all a shout when the dish has been adjusted �� lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12