Hi,

How do I set up a signature for my posts to contain my equipment details? Can't find it in my profile area.

I have received my new Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver and after a few struggles have got it to locate and download 804 channels which is about 800 more than I usually watch! Still working through the manual which is only available in German!

I am staying with the Teamblue image for now to enable their support as well as (I hope) help from this forum.

Next issue is to upgrade the LNB to a larger number of unicable channels (24 probably) but that can wait until the house move.

The first issue was that on a split connection the download of programmes was poor (only 10). The main unicable enters the house, is split to the VBox TV currently set to three tuners with the fourth (temporarily pinched from the Hisense TV for testing purposes) going to the new receiver. In this arrangement the programmes were limited to the 10 above (all BBC). When I connected the main unicable unspoilt to the receiver I achieved the 804 channels. I did not have this problem with the Hisense.

1. Does this mean the splitter is not doing its job properly or could there be another reason? it is a low cost (OK, cheap, what the hell THE cheapest I could find) splitter from Amazon so it could well be the principal suspect. Now that I am getting to grips with the technology I am more confident to invest in better so:

2. Any recommendations on the best quality splitters to use? I will probably only split it 6 or seven times in the whole house, with most of the plugs unused most of the time. French electrical regulations demand a connection in each of the main reception and bed rooms.

I recognise that I am not using the OpenVix solution at the moment but Teamblue is enigma2 based so I assume the differences will be be generally cosmetic and I can still get help here?

3. Are Teamblue image users welcome and can I get support for it here?

My first task is to work out how to use bouquet maker to reduce the channel listing. In the meantime:

4. Is there a simple way to suppress (a) Paid channels and (b) Adult channels when doing a scan? I can do it on my Hisense TV but cannot see how to on this receiver (unless it is all wrapped up in the bouquet maker)?

5. I have sort of got the IP player to work on my IPhone but it is a new model. Can I use any other (older) players with the Gigablue IP broadcast? I have a couple of old iPads that I use that still run a very old (but satisfactory) version of VBox TV and would like to be able to use them with this system as well.

6. Will anyone here be able or willing to help me with the GB Player or is this an exclusive for Gigablue to help me with?

Sorry it is a bit of a ramble. I will be more specific with future requests.

Geoff
110cms Triax Dish
Inverto unicable + 2 legacy LNB IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-IPP
Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
Teamblue 6.4 image