Hi

I am a complete beginner in this area so please bear that in mind when reviewing my questions!

I am trying to cable a renovated property and want to keep cabling (through 600mm walls!) to a minimum. I am an ex Sky and now Freesat user. I currently have an Inverto unicable LNB with two legacy outputs and 4 unicable channels. The unicable supplies my VBox Communications TV distribution unit and the two legacy outputs currently go to my Humax 1100S.

Recently bought a Hisense TV and noticed it was unicable compatible so dropped one of the channels off the VBox and applied it to the TV. It works fine.

So for the new house I thought I would upgrade to a (let's say) 16 channel unicable LNB and wire a single cable to all rooms splitting off where needed. The problems started when I tried to connect the Humax over unicable. It does not work (or is there a way to get it to work?). Humax were not interested in helping as they no longer supply to Freesat but they did say to talk to them. Freesat tried to tell me that their latest 4K receiver would work but when I asked how I allocated the channels they looked deeper and came back to say that it only works with Wideband LNB (their focus is to get Sky users to switch over). So consequently they could not help either.

So I talked to some engineers most of whom told me I had to install co-ax in vast quantities to every room that I wanted TV in. 4 cables from the dish to the distributing multi switch (5 if I wanted and aerial as well) and 3 cables to each room to allow for two inputs and one output. And I thought unicable was developed to overcome all of this. They also laughed when I asked what receiver I should buy to work with my unable.

So, my questions:

1. Can I get unicable to work with and record from the Humax 1100S or the new Freesat 4K receiver and if so how?
2. Are there unicable compatible receivers available on the market that I can use?
3. If answer 2 is yes, how complex is it to limit it to the one satellite and the UK listing of freest channels?
4. What does all this mean to the EPG and recording abilities? Can I get a 7 day EPG built in and multiple concurrent recording or did I just dream it?
5. Are there other solutions I should be looking at that give a relatively easy to use system (thinking here of others that will use it)?

I am not afraid of a bit of technology. I have set up my VBox that works well for distributing TV throughout the house on the IOS app or Kodi and even have a Raspberry Pi dedicated to one of the TVs. I have tried to read up and understand OpenVix to see if that helps but confess, it was like running through a wet and muddy field with full battle kit on.

Can someone help me? Happy to read up anything that explains what to do but I would prefer a quick, cheap and easy solution if there is one.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff