Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sharing a stream link to Zgemma H7S via openwebinf or dreamDroid

Title
    Thanks

Question Sharing a stream link to Zgemma H7S via openwebinf or dreamDroid

Hey all, very sorry for the stupid question here. I have spent a long time googling and haven't found a way to do this.

I upgraded my amiko alien to a zgemma H7s. I love it. no more freezing and the functionality is great. I regularly use the openwebIF and dreamDroid to interact with the boxes from my laptop or android phone. I only found out recently that I was able to stream to the box .m3u8 links. A particular app on my android had an option to 'play in external player'. dreamDroid was an option on this list. this was a revelation to me!

Anyway the app has now changed, and I can copy the link to clipboard, but have no idea how to them send the link to the zgemma box . If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful! Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    You dont need anything extra on the Zgemma to stream its channels. Personally I like using Kodi, it gives you the same gui on all devices

BrokenUnusableAccount
    I think the OP wants to use the Zgemma H7S to play streams coming from somewhere else.

Title
    Thanks
    exactly that @befuddledBrian. with an older version of a streaming app on my phone, I can choose 'Play with external player' and then Android opens a prompt 'Open with' offering media players installed on my phone and also 'Watch on Dreambox' with a dreamDroid icon. This then streams it onto my Zgemma in a 'media player' but I can only seem to exit it. I have no idea how to get into the media player using the remote for the zgemma, and I have no idea how dreamdroid is sharing the link to the box.

I've a terminal app on my phone. If I could get the man page for dreamdroid it might offer some help, but it's all unavailable. if dreamdroid can share the link to the zgemma boz, other apps probably can too, but i have never found a way. Might just bite the bullet and pay for a chromecast dongle to stream to the tv without using the zgemma, but I would like to understand how that functionality was working before if anyone can shed any light on it. thanks!