I installed/aligned new dish 85cm Gibertini and Inverto Unicable II LNB on Friday. The TV reception and the SNR values (minimum 87%/max 99%) on the built-in OpenVIX image were excellent for about 24 hours.

On Saturday evening we had a moderate rain, after about 5 minutes I got "tune failed" on screen and all of the SNR values were zero%. about an hour after the rain stopped, the TV reception and SNR values returned to what they were before the rain started.

It is sunny and clear in my location today, and the TV reception is excellent, and SNR values are all minimum 85%.

This is my first dish install/alignment, but I think it is most likely water ingress into one of the connections but I'm not sure. I would think if it was an alignment problem, the SNR values would decrease, but not go all the way to zero. What do you think?

I unscrewed the connector from the LNB this morning and applied silicone grease to the LNB threads and installed a rubber o-ring in the plug to try and prevent water from getting in there. Is this the best thing to do?

I noticed something that is kind of strange to me; the Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP that I have like here: https://www.dipolnet.com/unicable_ii...c_-_A98224.htm.

The top of the LNB plastic casing has holes in it, I can't imagine this being a design flaw from a company like Inverto?? Also, if it was a known problem, I would think there would be complaints all over the internet, and I haven't seen any.

Thanks for your help.