Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    thank you for trying it ... if streamboard would come back up I might even get a build run......
    It's back up, I've just started a build

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by carpcat View Post
    Just upgraded my Zero 4K to 5.5.016.001 but it’s hanging on the boot screen every time. I can connect by telnet and ftp. Is there a way to enable debug logs by telnet so I can post something up for someone to have a look at? Thanks
    I flashed my H7 to 5.5.016.001 and I don;t thave this problem.

Is this the difference between flash and upgrade coming into play?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    I flashed my H7 to 5.5.016.001 and I don;t thave this problem.

Is this the difference between flash and upgrade coming into play?
    The zip file you flashed didn't have the problem commits in it.

Only 5.4 dev releases ever show, so I'm never sure how many more commits "update" picks up in 5.5, (or indeed builds).

Last week, when searching for a problem commit, it showed up after a dev release had been issued, but was actually in that release.
    Last edited by ccs; 06-10-21 at 08:26.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    The zip file you flashed didn't have the problem commits in it.
    Yep this seems correct. My Uno4Kse flash was created early on 4th Oct which didn’t display the issues, whereas my Zero4K & H9se were both created on 5th Oct and both had the issues (using both usb flash & basic upgrade)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    I more or less stopped doing updates on 5.5 once I realized they mostly kept offering me the same updates over and over.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 06-10-21 at 11:04.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I more or less stopped doing updates on 5.5 once I realized they mostly kept offering me the same updates over and over.
    please explain - every version update has had updates to the previous version or we would not build the image.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Yep this seems correct. My Uno4Kse flash was created early on 4th Oct which didn’t display the issues, whereas my Zero4K & H9se were both created on 5th Oct and both had the issues (using both usb flash & basic upgrade)
    Why are you doing a usb flash - which historically is the most problematic method? You can either do a software update(which I never use) or a couch flash - flashing online and restoring backup settings.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Why are you doing a usb flash - which historically is the most problematic method? You can either do a software update(which I never use) or a couch flash - flashing online and restoring backup settings.
    I only use usb flash on my zero4k if there’s packages that I can’t update due to ‘breaking dependencies’, and the complete flash file can’t be downloaded straight to the box as I don’t have a usb storage attached as the port is used for a WiFi dongle (Running Ethernet cable is too far from the router)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    So no local hd of any sort to download images to?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    So no local hd of any sort to download images to?
    I have a NAS on the network which the box has a mount to. Can I flash an image from this across the network? I think I’ve tried doing image backups from the box to NAS previously which didn’t work.

Title
    Thanks
    I have a NAS on the network which the box has a mount to. Can I flash an image from this across the network? I think I’ve tried doing image backups from the box to NAS previously which didn’t work.
    I have time tomorrow let me see what can be done for users.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    please explain - every version update has had updates to the previous version or we would not build the image.
    Yes. I assume every version has had updates.

However latterly (while I was still using 5.5.015.003) if I went to Menu / Information / About / Software Update
    it always said there were updates available and if I installed them, rebooted and looked again it said the same updates are still available.

Title
    Thanks
    I have time tomorrow let me see what can be done for users.
    Thankyou. Would be very useful to save and retrieve images from another device on the network.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes. I assume every version has had updates.

However latterly (while I was still using 5.5.015.003) if I went to Menu / Information / About / Software Update
    it always said there were updates available and if I installed them, rebooted and looked again it said the same updates are still available.
    These updates don’t get installed as they will break dependencies, which is why the same updates keep popping up. The only way to install is by flashing the whole image.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    These updates don’t get installed as they will break dependencies, which is why the same updates keep popping up. The only way to install is by flashing the whole image.
    Which I can only do when there is a new image.

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast