Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    b) oscam not working after booting up is a subtle timing thing, delaying oscam startup somehow should be the only fix needed.
    If you put the start-up script in rcS.d you've hastened (not delayed) the start-up, as they get run first at boot time.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    If you put the start-up script in rcS.d you've hastened (not delayed) the start-up, as they get run first at boot time.
    How does softcam manager arrange for oscam to auto start?
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 23-08-21 at 02:37.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    It appears that oscam can't see any readers until I restart it!
    This is incorrect.

Something even more bizarre is happening.

If oscam is started up at boot time then clicking on "OSCam Webinterace" in OpenWebif takes you to <ipaddress>:83 instead of <ipaddress>:8888 and somehow <ipaddress>:83 presents what looks exactly like an OSCam Webinterface but with no readers present!!

Once you restart oscam from the softcam manager OpenWebif will correctly send you to <ipaddress>:8888 when you click on "OSCam Webinterace"!!

If you manually go to <ipaddress>:8888 after booting you get a correct OSCam Webinterace with readers but, for me at least, oscam is not decrypting FTV channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    How does softcam manager arrange for oscam to auto start?
    Its entered at E2 Startup where plugins can take some initialisation actions, like Autostart the softcam
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is incorrect.

Something even more bizarre is happening.

If oscam is started up at boot time then clicking on "OSCam Webinterace" in OpenWebif takes you to <ipaddress>:83 instead of <ipaddress>:8888 and somehow <ipaddress>:83 presents what looks exactly like an OSCam Webinterface but with no readers present!!

Once you restart oscam from the softcam manager OpenWebif will correctly send you to <ipaddress>:8888 when you click on "OSCam Webinterace"!!

If you manually go to <ipaddress>:8888 after booting you get a correct OSCam Webinterace with readers but, for me at least, oscam is not decrypting FTV channels.
    Are you starting multiple instances of Oscam? I've seen similar when oscam is running and I manually start a different version

BrokenUnusableAccount

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Are you starting multiple instances of Oscam? I've seen similar when oscam is running and I manually start a different version
    Ah ha!

It looks to me like something is starting oscam up with this command line:
    Code:
    /usr/softcams/oscam-latest --config-dir /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest --daemon --pidfile /var/tmp/oscam-latest.pid --restart 2 --utf8 2
    which seems to be wrong and not work.

The oscam that works is just started up with this line:
    Code:
    /usr/softcams/oscam-latest -b

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is that config directory correct? if it's looking in the wrong folder then it won't find the config for the reader. If you have that folder, have you tried deleting it or as a workaround, putting your configs in there as well as the usual /etc/tuxbox/config

Have you added something to start oscam with those settings?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Softcam binaries should only be in /usr/softcams on an openvix system. Configs go in /etc/tuxbox/config. You must have installed some oscam version that was not in the feeds. Its best to stick with those.

Edit: ccs has probably found the issue. No problems with oscam on my H7 btw
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Openatv scripts use /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-name possibly used there script

Title
    Thanks
    So :!
    Late last week, I added the scripts used by OpenPli/OpenATV to the softcam builds for OScam/CCcam.(which I have been testing for the last 4 -5 weeks)
    I didn't expect users to see any difference, but obviously BefuddledBrian has both in use as this
    Code:
    /usr/softcams/oscam-latest --config-dir /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest --daemon --pidfile /var/tmp/oscam-latest.pid --restart 2 --utf8 2
    is from the Softcam script code which has been in Py3 for a few weeks
    - so please follow instructions below.

This means that you can run the Oscam binary in usr/softcams from either
    1) SoftcamManager as has been done for ever. (but see last note)
    2) you can disable SoftcamManager (no autostart, stop the OScam, turn off in Menu options detect freeze) and in menu/setup/softcam ---> Softcam script Setup ---> select the softcam e.g. Oscam-latest ALSO you must install the softcam configs in etc/tuxbox/config/camname where camname in this case will be Oscam-latest.
    3) run your own scripts.

If you are running SoftcamManager just make sure that in menu/setup/softcam ---> Softcam script Setup----> Select Softcam is set to None

I happen to now use the script technique because I get virtually instantaneous picture on my 27.5W services at startup compared to SoftcamManager (which does offer far more options)

So apologies to everyone for the confusion - I just didn't expect anyone to run into this situation until an information update was issued - following more testing to ensure the softcam build change had been implemented OK!
    Last edited by twol; 23-08-21 at 15:00.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-08-21),dsayers (23-08-21),lincsat (23-08-21),Willo3092 (23-08-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    At least for me, the oscam that automatically starts running if you have installed oscam-latest from the feeds and runs (without you even touching softcam manager) with this command line:
    Code:
    Is completely non functional and also stops any oscam subsequently started by Softcam manager's autostartup from working.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 23-08-21 at 16:14. Reason: rephrase

Title
    Thanks
    At least for me, the oscam that automatically starts running if you have installed oscam-latest from the feeds and runs (without you even touching softcam manager) with this command line:
    Code:
    Is completely non functional and also stops any oscam subsequently started by Softcam manager's autostartup from working.
    Have you checked here menu/setup/softcam ---> Softcam script Setup - if not do so and set to none. Reboot.
    Post results
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Have you checked here menu/setup/softcam ---> Softcam script Setup - if not do so and set to none. Reboot.
    Post results
    Setting that new menu to "None" fixes it but I didn't know it even existed until a few minutes ago and it appears to default to "oscam-latest" which breaks oscam.
    (I guess it breaks it because the configuration files are in the wrong place)

Title
    Thanks
    Setting that new menu to "None" fixes it but I didn't know it even existed until a few minutes ago and it appears to default to "oscam-latest" which breaks oscam.
    (I guess it breaks it because the configuration files are in the wrong place)
    Hopefully if you read post #686 above, it will be a little clearer, Using the script system above it lists the installed softcams and coupled to config files with the same name, means you can flip between different softcams very easily. Therefore the start command is specific to a softcam and its config file.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast