Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    No it wasn't paused as I couldn't do anything when it booted it played for a few seconds then crashed. I don't think the stream is the issue as your second py file is fine on vskin 1080 (KiddaC uses his own custom components though) It only crashes on vix skin. I might not get chance to test any further till later or tomorrow.
    I was looking at this...640> 11:57:53.9146 [eServiceMP3] state transition READY -> PAUSED which why (I think ) Navigation came in. Anyway if its a stream I don't think it should be going through this code.

Thanks for your help.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    deleted............................
    Last edited by twol; 11-07-21 at 13:49.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,970 Times in 3,284 Posts
    Can you please try with this version:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

carpcat (11-07-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    That seems ok here

Title
    Thanks
    Good here too

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    So you obviously didn't do a full factory reset before restoring. How can a restore work properly if the current image has some settings already loaded?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,311 Posts
    So you obviously didn't do a full factory reset before restoring. How can a restore work properly if the current image has some settings already loaded?
    The only time I do a restore is if I have just flashed a "standard" downloaded image.
    Any other flash (of my own backup) wouldn't need a restore.

Still ended up with duplicated Power Timers recently, and I did have to do a flash+restore after something (I forget what) went wrong with one dev release.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The only time I do a restore is if I have just flashed a "standard" downloaded image.
    Any other flash (of my own backup) wouldn't need a restore.

Still ended up with duplicated Power Timers recently, and I did have to do a flash+restore after something (I forget what) went wrong with one dev release.
    So how could something be hanging around in the memory if it was a virgin install?

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Continuing this thread: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...sorting-broken which somehow has been closed.
    Here is debug log: Enigma2_debug_2021-07-12_16-19-17.zip (at least I hope it's the right one).
    Bouquet's were set up as in image in that thread.
    As soon as I came out of move mode the bouquet order was changed.
    It would help me to not accidentally do this if it was not possible to accidentally leave yourself in move mode after moving channels around within a bouquet.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 12-07-21 at 22:25. Reason: add more

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Good grief.
    Are you seriously saying it's reasonable to include a restore function but require a factory erase before using it?
    The is them most ludicrous thing you have ever said.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    A factory reset gets rid of all your settings so you can (successfully) restore them again from a backup.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 888 Posts
    The issue may be that settings restore is appending to existing settings, rather than replacing them. It would be reasonable to expect a "settings restore" function to replace existing. There may be some settings where appending data is more reasonable, but I can't think of any at the moment
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Current timers are not lost if you restore settings from a week or 2 ago, you may get some finished timers duplicated, which is no big deal.

Power timers have always been a problem.

Deleting them when enigma2 is stopped is another way of restoring them without duplicates, but you then run the risk of losing power timers which weren't in the backup.
    Last edited by ccs; 12-07-21 at 15:01.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Current timers are not lost if you restore settings from a week or 2 ago
    Possibly nice in some cases but useless if the Restore function is called Restore because nobody would know that's what's going to happen.
    When I restore from more than a few hours ago I have always run Autotimers and checked any recurring normal timers are still present because I would never in a hundred years have guessed that the Restore function might actually be a Merge some settings in a weird way while restoring others function.

you may get some finished timers duplicated, which is no big deal.
    I guess it should ultimately be harmless.
    But when I'm testing, like this thread has called for, I'm sometimes restoring settings many times in just one day because I'm trying to excercise lots of weird and wonderful parts of OpenViX that I don't always 100% know how to use to see if I can make it crash.

Power timers have always been a problem.
    Deleting them when enigma2 is stopped is another way of restoring them without duplicates, but you then run the risk of losing power timers which weren't in the backup.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ..... do what I do, take an image backup before you start messing about, and restore it when you've finished, then there's no need to worry about restoring settings.

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast