Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New UE 4K did a strange thing to my USALS motor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Question New UE 4K did a strange thing to my USALS motor

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to all the info on here that I've learned a lot from

I bought a UE 4K last week, flashed it with latest OpenVix all perfect. I also found out that installing a Unicable2 lnb on an oval sky dish loses you around half your signal. I now need to replace the mini dish with a round one as it seems the oval dish doesn't work too well with a round LNB. Pretty obvious looking back (hits self on head).

Tuner A = usals dish, B (plus the FBC's) = 28.2E and all working well.

However on Tuesday afternoon my wife was watching NASA tv (13e I think) and the picture went pixelly and then "tune failed". I investigated and we'd lost all reception from tuner A USALS. Now I was a bit miffed as I was looking forwards to the footy that night but nothing I could do would fix it. I suspected a failed LNB. After all I've owned the dish setup since 2005 and never had a single problem.

After around 6 hours of trying all sorts of things I finally got a lock on a bird. I realised that when I set the dish to 28.2e and then did a scan I was getting 19.2e channels.

Anyway I finally got to the bottom of it yesterday after re-flashing and starting from scratch. My USALS motor (STAB 90 or 120 - I can't remember now) hasn't physically moved (as in moved location, it has been used regularly to watch Euro channels) in 5 years and I checked all the GOTO 0 and GOTO X functions yesterday but if I put my latitude as 2.5454 W it won't lock on anything. I remembered the 19.2 / 28.2 issue and then added 9 degrees to 7.5454 EAST and voila, it locked. In all my years I've never seen this happen. Does anyone have any ideas what has happened? It's definitely the STAB motor that's changed as I've reflashed the box and did not use any back up's. Re-built from scratch.

I'd actually like to put this right as I'm a fair bit OCD and it'd driving me mad

On a plus note this box is great, it plays native 4k mkv's over the network that my others struggle to play flawlessly. It's fast and I love the new style remote.

Thanks all
    Last edited by stargateuser; 06-05-21 at 09:37. Reason: missed a bit