Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Strange tuner problem

Title
    Thanks

Strange tuner problem

Hello, I bought a new Vu+ Duo4KSE, uploaded OpenVix 5.4.008, but I have a very strange issue with tuner configuration, never seen in many Vu+ boxes I tested.
    My receiver came with two tuners installed: 1 Twin DVB-S2X Multistream satellite tuner and a double DVB-T2 terrestrial one.
    Entering in Menu > Setup > Tuner & Scan > Tuner Setup I see all tuners in such reversed order. Both terrestrial tuners are at the top of the list (Tuner A and B), then I read six FBC tuners (from C to H) and finally two tuners that I can configure (Tuner I and J). It never happened to me. I always found satellite tuners at first with two configurable tuners at the top, then FBC, then terrestrial.
    If I attempt to configure one satellite tuner it seems to work, I have signal from the dish, scanning seems performing well, but when I try to recall any found channel it says "Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration!". This happens with ALL satellite channels, terrestrial channels work well instead.
    I tried to upload a setting list that I always use in my Vu+ boxes (I have more than one), this list always worked well but this time nothing changed. Now I do not know how to clean the box from this list I just uploaded.
    So, where is the problem? Why I see my tuners in this strange reversed order and how can I fix this?
    Thank you for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Update: I tried with different non-Openvix images and this problem remains. Also, I tried with latest OpenVix 5.4.009 downloaded from here but nothing changed. I do not think it is hardware related because tuner seems to work. The problem is how these tuners are recognized by the images. What can I do or test? Any idea? Please help. Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Can you have a look at the back of the box, see if it looks something like this, (but with just one fbc tuner in this example).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ccs; 14-04-21 at 11:30.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
    So, where is the problem? Why I see my tuners in this strange reversed order and how can I fix this?
    Thank you for your help.
    Plug in tuners? Are they just fitted in different tuner slots to what you are used to?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Ohhh.... are you saying that tuners are wrong fitted? I'm afraid you are right. Looking the back panel of the box I have Twin satellite tuner at left (near the left corner), and just right near the first tuner I have terrestrial one. So, from the left I see satellite, then terrestrial, then optical, HDMI and all other connectors.
    Please note that the receiver came new from a german dealer but it was totally sealed (I personally opened the original box). So a factory mistake?
    If this is the issue what can I do? Maybe opening the receive and swapping tuners could be enough? Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ..... sounds like your tuners are fitted ok, can you post a photo of the back of the box?
    Last edited by ccs; 14-04-21 at 13:29.

Title
    Thanks
    No ccs, it was wrong! I opened my box, reverted tuners and now it works! Problem solved!
    Do you think reflashing with fresh Openvix image would be needed? Now it works well, but I do not know if this image could be "dirty" now.
    Thank you for your help.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
    No ccs, it was wrong! I opened my box, reverted tuners and now it works! Problem solved!
    Do you think reflashing with fresh Openvix image would be needed? Now it works well, but I do not know if this image could be "dirty" now.
    Thank you for your help.
    OK, your post #5 confused me.

I'd be tempted to reflash without a settings restore. Reconfiguring/moving tuners around may appear to work, but old tuner values can sometimes remain.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Clemente (14-04-21)