Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Software Edision mini OS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
when i tried software up date, it said i was using the latest.
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Software Edision mini OS

Title
    Thanks

Software Edision mini OS

Have software problem on edision mini os. /home/root/logs/Enigma2_crash_2021-03-30_09-35-34.log . Anyone help. Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You will have to upload the log here and give a description of what is happening.

Also what version of openvix are you running?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I am using open vix 5.4. And is only rebooting to 49 on display. Then it goes to screen telling me I have a software problem with the code I put up earlier, and just repeats this . I can't get to menu screen or anything else. Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You will have to download the log from the receiver using filezilla or other ftp client. You will need the ip address of the receiver. If you dont know it you might get it from the admin menu of your router. The file you need is at the location you have specified already. Without this file we can't tell much.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Gashi (30-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for your help. I have fixed software problem and have been able to get box on and working fine. Only problem is i have lost all my channels.. I have flashed with latest software and still nothing. A think its time for an upgrade anyway. Its an old machine. Thanks for your time.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I might have asked if you had updates to run epg or bouquets on your box on early morning and it failed.

Did you scan normally on your sat to load all your channels as they should be still visible in your all list.

Bouquets been blank might have been caused by a daily scan and was corrupted.

Possibly box might be ok and starting from fresh to recheck.

Might have asked if you can check your feed with something else to make sure its ok if no channels.

Lnb cable dish can fail also box tuners so might need checking elsewhere if possible.
    Last edited by cactikid; 31-03-21 at 11:17.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi .Didn't have any updates to run. Box was working fine. Then it began telling me I had software problem, and my channel list went n/a. Then it stopped turning on, and letting me even access the menu settings and all I was getting was screen telling me about software problem and had to be restarted, this was a continual loop. Then I flashed box and it is working fine , as regards turning on menu and settings . But I have absolutely zero channels on it now.Cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have 0 channels. Have you scanned and created bouquets or use a plugin to do it for you?

Title
    Thanks
    No. I've had this device for a while and its the first time I've needed to upload anything on it .So I have not really been keeping up to speed with the tech because it's been so good only needed to mess about with a few things now and again. I basically flashed , everything seemed to work well. Only thing I have done since this is tried to update software . When I do this it says there is none available. Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    What image are you on now. Please give the number, don't say "latest".

Menu > Information > About

Title
    Thanks
    5. 4 008. Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried to use AutoBouquetsMaker to create your bouquets?

Title
    Thanks
    No. I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how I get on, not in my house right now. Appreciate it. Many thanks 😎

Title
    Thanks
    I only once lost my channels and my favourites. After that I installed dreamboxEdit on my PC and downloaded a backup of the channel settings on my PC.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E