Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Crash when trying to move a recording

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Crash when trying to move a recording

Title
    Thanks

Crash when trying to move a recording

I accidentally deleted a recording from a subdirectory with the red button and it went to the .Trash directory
    So I changed to the .Trash directory and tried to move it back where it was. Pushed the green button to move, didn't see the target directory in the list, so I selected 'Other'.
    The right directory was still not shown in the list, so I pushed menu to get to directory browsing mode, but when I pushed '1' to get to the directory list, the box showed the black screen with error messages and rebooted enigma. This happened two more times before I gave up. I'll attach the crash logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    The current dev build is 5.4.7.012 - try that as there have been several changes to the menu handling
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

jukkal2 (18-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    The current dev build is 5.4.7.012 - try that as there have been several changes to the menu handling
    In particular, there was one to cure the retval problem.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

jukkal2 (18-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    The box didn't immediately find anything to update (which was expected as it is a dev build), I tried enabling unstable builds in the menu after it said it didn't find updates, but still no update visible.. I guess I'll just avoid trying to move recordings to any directory not shown in the list until the next release.
    (It was a Simpsons episode recorded by autotimer, and I had created the directory in a telnet session and copied autotimer.xml from my previous enigma box, I guess not creating the directory through the vix interface is probably why the directory wasn't shown in the list. I watched the episode from the .Trash directory before it got deleted from there.)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Where can people get a dev build other than building it themselves?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    Where can people get a dev build other than building it themselves?
    They can become a dedicated contributor and team member of OpenViX which would give them access to developer images.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    My mistake - I misinterpreted the crash log and assumed a developer build. @jukkal2 there is a new release build due shortly which should resolve the issue.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    My mistake - I misinterpreted the crash log and assumed a developer build. @jukkal2 there is a new release build due shortly which should resolve the issue.
    Thanks, I just noticed the new build and updated before coming here. Verified that it resolved the issue, no more crash when I went through the same steps to add the directory to the list.
    (A funny coincidence seeing your avatar after this happened while fiddling with a Simpsons episode :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jukkal2 For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (20-02-21)