Vix 5.4.005

On switching on my box from deep standby this morning the (grid) epg for the next few hours was populated but scrolling through towards later today all data was missing for around a 4(ish) hour period. After this 4 hour period the EPG was again fully populated.
Pressing blue and selecting “openTV EPG forced download” didn’t make any difference to the EPG data for this time – it remained blank. I repeated the forced download with no change. I left the box on until it got to the time with no EPG – still no change and no Now/Next information in the EPG.
Every program description in the blank period (all channels, all time slots) was given as “ody Kapow and Hoos” as shown in the screenshot.

aaepg.jpg

The fix was to delete the EPG data (menu → setup – Epg → load, save and delete epg cache ) reboot the box and to force the openTV download.

I have 2 satellite tuners and no recording was taking place during all this time.

Obviously the cache had become corrupt but what will have stopped it updating with a forced EPG download. It was almost like this part of the cache was write protected until the deletion/reboot.

My setup

bbepg.jpg

EIT is enabled because I also have terrestrail tuners and want over the air EPG for UK Freeview.