Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: startup to standby

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

startup to standby

Hello, is there somewhere a setting that at power failure the box will boot to standby ? At OpenPLi the setting can be found from Main menu/Setup/System/Customize/

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is there enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby available, because the setting is missing.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Answering to myself : enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120501-r0_all.ipk is working with OpenViX. Case closed !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Orlandox For This Useful Post:

dntaylor (31-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for that....I was wondering it their was an extension for this.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... I thought power timers would be the solution?

I never need use them, but find the interface to set them up impossible to understand.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ..... I thought power timers would be the solution?

I never need use them, but find the interface to set them up impossible to understand.
    I found the opposite about setting them up and find them useful. I only have three:-

i) to put my box into standby at 00:30 (am)

aaa.png

ii) to put my box into standby if I don't press a button on the remote for 2 hours

bbb.png

iii) to put my box into deep standby if it has been in standby for 10 minutes.

ccc.png

All power timers give an on-screen warning allow them to be manually over-ridden and or the timers are delayed if a recording is taking place (or about to take place)

The power timers work in conjunction so that, say, I walk away from my box and it is still on. After 2 hours the box will detect that I haven’t pressed a button on the remote and put up a warning that the box will go into standby in two minutes (with the options of manually cancelling the action). After two minutes the box goes to standby and the third power timer above kicks in – it waits 10 minutes and then puts my box into deep standby (or waits until a recording has finished).

I have a 10 minute wait until the box goes into deep standby just in case I’m pre-occupied when the standby warning comes up and I miss it. A box just going to standby can be restarted within a few seconds but a box going into deep standby the restart time is 2+ minutes. The box has to first completely close down to deep standby and then switch on again from the deep standby state.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

cactikid (31-10-22),LbCwby (23-05-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ...thanks, it's a lot clearer when there's a description of what it actually does.

I still reckon starting from scratch without the finer detail is confusing, but I've never needed them, so never worked out what they could do..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post

i) to put my box into standby at 00:30 (am)

aaa.png
    Possible gotcha to watch out for.....

I was messing around with the time settings the other day and set it to hh.mm.ss in
    menu → setup → time → time style

This gives a 12 hour clock display/format

When I went into my power timer in order to provide a screen shot the start date changed to 1st Feb and my time setting of 00:30 (30 minutes past midnight) changed to 12:30.
    It is now impossible to set a time of 00:30 because that doesn’t exist on a 12 hour format clock, plus this timer would kick in twice a day at 12:30 am and 12:30 pm

The time format has to be changed to HH.mm.ss in “menu → setup → time → time style” in order to give a 24 hour clock format and allow the setting to be changed to 00:30 and which is only triggered once per day.

My now reconfigured timer.

ddd.png

The deep standby power timer also allows the box to go to that state when the power button is pressed once. Actually pressing the power button once puts the box into standby but the power timer then kicks in and 10 minutes later automatically puts the box into deep standby.
    Last edited by adm; 31-01-21 at 15:23.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

LbCwby (23-05-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I was going to query your time setting as it looked like 12.30pm instead of 12.30am! I tend to use the 24 hour clock as I didn't like the way am/pm was displayed on various skins.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I was going to query your time setting as it looked like 12.30pm instead of 12.30am! I tend to use the 24 hour clock as I didn't like the way am/pm was displayed on various skins.
    Yes, I use 24 hr format but the other day someone was questioning an incorrect time format message in the weather plug-in - as it worked for me, as a test I tried setting all time formats and inadvertently left it in 12 hour format. I did notice that some DATE and TIME formats didn't quite match what was being displayed in the skin.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (31-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The time format has to be changed to HH.mm.ss in “menu → setup → time → time style” in order to give a 24 hour clock format and allow the setting to be changed to 00:30 and which is only triggered once per day.
    Perhaps the Config code needs to be changed to force a 24hour clock in settings menus?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (01-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Perhaps the Config code needs to be changed to force a 24hour clock in settings menus?
    The simple_1080 skin doesn't even have the option to change the time format, if that's a step in the right direction?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlandox View Post
    Answering to myself : enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120501-r0_all.ipk is working with OpenViX. Case closed !
    Where can I find this plug in please??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Found the plugin and installed and works fine. How can I edit the plugin so that box goes to deep standby??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Found the plugin and installed and works fine. How can I edit the plugin so that box goes to deep standby??
    I'd have used power timers mentioned in post #6 rather than a 9 year old plugin.

Post #6 iii) can get you to deep standby.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

CRMS (21-05-21)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast