I assume that with more than one tuner that the EPG will be populated automatically by the use of other tuner in the background (if not actively being used for a recording). Is this correct? How often does it automatically fetch the EPG, and when? On coming out of deep standby or some set time? For example, if away on holiday for two or three weeks and the box doesn’t wake up from deep standby for a recording will this feature automatically wake up the box to fetch the EPG or does the user have to set up some form of wake up timer so that this feature works reliably?

Currently I have a repeat timer that wakes up the box for a IEPG recording at a time that I don’t usually use the box. The location for the recording is the trash folder and the box remains on IEPG for at least 10 minutes. This seems to work well except very occasionally I get an entry in the Sky FTA EPG data that appears to have conflicting information as though the program start/end times have been changed by 5 to 10 minutes and the original EPG (IEPG?) data has been overwritten (rather than replaced) BUT only for those 10 minutes at the ends of the listing. I have Freesat EPG disabled but I do have EIT enabled because I also have terrestrial tuners and want over the air EPG for Freeview.