Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigablue X2 crashes when trying to set mount for USB hard drive

Title
    Thanks
    Fantastic! Thanks both. I just KNEW it would come down to something stupid I had done, or forgotten to do. In my defence I have only done this once before and it was some time ago, so it's not entirely unexpected that I would have completely forgetten that I needed NTFS drivers installed.

Seems to be working now. In Information -> Devices the correct free space is being picked up, and the disk mounted with no problems. I've even got it visible as a network drive on my Windows PC via Samba.

One minor suggestion: do you agree it would be nice if the absence of the NTFS drivers could be picked up by MountManager, rather than resulting in a crash?

Thanks again for your help.
    Dan

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by point17 View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks both. I just KNEW it would come down to something stupid I had done, or forgotten to do. In my defence I have only done this once before and it was some time ago, so it's not entirely unexpected that I would have completely forgetten that I needed NTFS drivers installed.

Seems to be working now. In Information -> Devices the correct free space is being picked up, and the disk mounted with no problems. I've even got it visible as a network drive on my Windows PC via Samba.

One minor suggestion: do you agree it would be nice if the absence of the NTFS drivers could be picked up by MountManager, rather than resulting in a crash?

Thanks again for your help.
    Dan
    I am looking to do that! Did you try the MountManager from last post?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I think this was with the revised MountManager - hopefully you can tell from the logs. I can't quite work out which of the logs corresponds to when the mount was successful (following installation of the NTFS plugin) so I've just included them all. Let me know if I missed the one you need.

Thanks,
    Dan

Enigma2_debug_2021-01-11_17-47-05.log
    Enigma2_debug_2021-01-11_17-53-04.log
    Enigma2_debug_2021-01-11_17-55-03.log
    Enigma2_debug_2021-01-11_19-44-15.log

4. The Following User Says Thank You to point17 For This Useful Post:

twol (12-01-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12