Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "Glan" - new 1080 clean skin; about 70% complete. Help/advice...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

"Glan" - new 1080 clean skin; about 70% complete. Help/advice...

Hi,

A while back (as in "a couple of years ago"!), I started to made a skin for my Vu+Duo that was:

- legible from 4 metres distance on a 40" display
    - had a modern design
    - wasn't cluttered.

It's called "Glan"* and it looks like this:

TV, now+next:
    1_0_19_44E_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20210107143927.jpg

EPG:
    epg.jpg

Channel listing:
    channel-list.jpg

Settings menu screen:
    settngs.jpg

preview.png:
    prev.jpg

I used the existing "Halo" as a basis, but really only so that I could figure out what went where on each page. My design is very different: I pretty much started from scratch with it.

Anyway here's the sources:
    https://github.com/KristianWalsh/openvix-skin-glan1080

I've no idea how these are officially packaged, but copying the folder 'Glan' from that into your /usr/share/enigma2 directory will make it appear in the list.

Artwork sources (icons, etc) were produced in Affinity Designer. I'll add those documents to the repo too once I've found the latest one ()

I've done most of the everyday pages:
    - now/next
    - channel-lists
    - fullscreen (pip and no pip) and infobar EPG
    - (nearly all) settings menus
    - alerts/warnings
    - movie browser
    - movie playback/ tv trick-play

However, the lesser-used screens (software update and scan particularly) are still either the Halo skin, or the standard VIX ui.

If anyone wants to use this, knock yourself out. If you want to fill in the blanks, even better.

Comments are welcome. (Yeah, I just spotted that button on the EPG page, but other comments too... )

(* it's the Irish word for "clean". Rhymes with "gone")
    Last edited by KrisW; 07-01-21 at 15:51.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KrisW For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-01-21),bazbailey (08-01-21),el bandido (10-01-21),simonc (08-01-21),Willo3092 (07-01-21)