Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Stuck after OK immediately after playback start

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Stuck after OK immediately after playback start

Title
    Thanks

Stuck after OK immediately after playback start

OpenVix sometimes seems to sometimes get stuck when I press the OK button repeatedly just after starting a playback.
    On Sunday, I started a playback and pressed OK twice again to check the description text in the second info bar on the bottom of the screen. Well, I may have pressed it more than twice if it was slow to respond. When the info showed, it got into a loop between the two info bars at the bottom of the screen as if I would have been continuing to tap the OK key. I tried OK and exit a few times but it just didn't get out of the loop. Finally the stop key stopped the playback, but the box stayed in a state with the tv picture in the upper right corner and the rest of the screen black, without showing the recording list.
    And it didn't seem to respond to any of the remote control keys any more.
    I went to my computer and telnetted in to the receiver as root and gave the reboot command, and it responded with "The system is going down for reboot NOW!" as expected, but didn't start booting.
    Nothing else seemed to help, so finally I used the rocker switch in the back of the receiver to turn power off and back on.

On Saturday, it had done almost the same thing. I had started a playback and hit OK twice just after that. Then it didn't go into a loop, but it refused to turn off the info bar no matter how many times I hit OK or exit. Hitting stop resulted in the tv picture in the corner and rest of the screen black, not responding to any remote control keys. And then I had also logged in via telnet and tried reboot with no success, and had to use the rocker switch.

There were also recordings going on in both cases, two movies on Saturday and a South Park episode on Sunday. Fortunately I can get the movies recorded on reruns and I have already seen the South Park episode anyway, just wanted to watch it again because I didn't remember what happened in it.

I can't send logs because there are none in the log directory.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    noticed the same yesterday evening.While recording starting a playback and box froze.Had to do a full shut to get it going againg.Tried again and after a few minutes the same.Probably a bug and will go back to fresh flash without update
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is there a chance that there was a recording ending around the time the box hung? If you can get debug logs for that time we can verify this.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I can't make it happen, Ultimo4k, 5.4.003, Simple_1080, 1st and 2nd info bar timeouts both 5 seconds, even with 5 recordings ending at the same time.

(I've also added latest commit "Fix crash when pressing OK when editing a timer", (lib/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py) as it had caught me out a few times.)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    Is there a chance that there was a recording ending around the time the box hung? If you can get debug logs for that time we can verify this.
    No, at least in my case. I checked that there was about 2 hours between a previous recording ending and the hang happening on Saturday, and there was no other recording stopping on Sunday at that time either.
    And like I said, no log was created of the hang incident.
    Should probably turn debug logging on and try if I can deliberately make it happen again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think that rules out the bug I was hoping. A debug log may prove helpful if you can make it happen again

Title
    Thanks
    One more thing that I remembered seeing another thread: I have set the second info bar to not time out, so it stays on until I press ok or exit. (Somebody asked how to define it so, and that reminded me I hadn't mentioned that's how I have it..)
    Holidays coming after tomorrow, so I will probably have time to try out if I can duplicate the bug deliberately..

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkal2 View Post
    One more thing that I remembered seeing another thread: I have set the second info bar to not time out, so it stays on until I press ok or exit. (Somebody asked how to define it so, and that reminded me I hadn't mentioned that's how I have it..)
    Holidays coming after tomorrow, so I will probably have time to try out if I can duplicate the bug deliberately..
    I still can't reproduce it, which skin are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I still can't reproduce it, which skin are you using?
    I use ViX-Night-HD,
    Just a moment ago I turned debug logging on and started two recordings with the rec button and began a playback, immediately pounding OK, but the problem didn't show up.. Of course, reverse demo effect. Have to try again later. Well, maybe I now get a debug log if it happens again.