Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: VPS geht nicht

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    OK.

But were in danger of losing track of what is and is not working if every change for point A gets a comment about each of points B to Z as well.

So can we agree that the fix does get the item back into the menu, but the following issues now exist:

• The VPS option doesn't appear in the Timer Edit menu if the VPS plugin config is set to "enabled by default"
    • Changing the VPS option in the Timer Edit menu doesn't actually get set/stick in the timer

The latter seems to be the result of there being no code to actually pass on the change to the write-out function.
    That's what I was seeing without your latest change to Modifications.py

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,960 Times in 3,277 Posts
    The latter seems to be the result of there being no code to actually pass on the change to the write-out function.
    What is the name of that variable.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    OK.

But were in danger of losing track of what is and is not working if every change for point A gets a comment about each of points B to Z as well.

So can we agree that the fix does get the item back into the menu, but the following issues now exist:

• The VPS option doesn't appear in the Timer Edit menu if the VPS plugin config is set to "enabled by default"
    • Changing the VPS option in the Timer Edit menu doesn't actually get set/stick in the timer

Your two bullet points are correct. But that has been the case all along (in 5.4 since I started testing VPS), it's not a new phenomenon.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

ccs (19-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    You can see the option in a one-off timer providing you have the "VPS enabled by default" set to no in the plugin settings.
    That makes sense to me; if VPS is enabled by default, there's no need to see the option.
    Or is there?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    That makes sense to me; if VPS is enabled by default, there's no need to see the option.
    Or is there?
    There is if you want to switch the option off for a particular channel.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've just added the patch again, and now epg/green shows the Enable VPS option=No, whether Enable VPS in the plugin is set to yes or no.

Title
    Thanks
    Rob - as ccs says, you may want to switch off the VPS setting in the timer. In an AutoTimer, the option to use VPS is controllable.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Your two bullet points are correct. But that has been the case all along (in 5.4 since I started testing VPS), it's not a new phenomenon.
    I know, which was why I was telling you all not to mention it.

ALL I'm trying to confirm at the moment is that the fix I have made works - which is ONLY to get the VPS entry to show up on manual timer (and instant records) which it was not doing previously (at 5.4. Please do NOT mention 5.3).
    Of course now it is there is will exhibit the other problems.

I'm trying to solve the issues in small steps, so that I can commit individual PRs. (Even God apparently took 6 days to piece the universe together, not do it all in one go....)
    Last edited by birdman; 19-02-21 at 20:34.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Or is there?
    Yes.
    Otherwise it's not a default - it's a forced-on option. Totally different.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    What is the name of that variable.
    I don't know, because it's not there. At least not that I can see.
    But I'm proceeding through the known problems one at a time.
    The next one I'm going to look at is why the VPS option doesn't show up when you have "Default On" set. My suspicion is that this is an incorrect use of the word Default. I reckon it makes more sense to always put the option in the menu and have the Default determine the starting value.
    And whilst looking into this I may find out what the code is trying to do as, so far, I haven't had time to figure that out.

Title
    Thanks
    There are quite a number of issues with English translation from German(I presume) in the note for the plugin which makes the program description difficult to understand. It's possible the "Default On" setting in the VPS config menu means that the entry in the timer menu should read "VPS yes". It's difficult to ascertain or there is ambiguity in working out what the author actually meant. As regards the instant records, that has always offered the VPS option in 5.4 prior to any of your changes.

Title
    Thanks
    I've submitted a PR (well, two - one for master and another for dev) for this.
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/412
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/413
    Now I can sit down with a listing and pen to sort out what this thinks it is doing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (20-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I downloaded VPS from my ATV image and ran some tests. Manual timer entry has VPS option available and it saves it properly (Yes/No/Yes safe-mode). Actual recordings are as expected - start and stop on EIT programme boundaries in strict mode and obey user padding in safe-mode.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (20-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I downloaded VPS from my ATV image and ran some tests. Manual timer entry has VPS option available and it saves it properly (Yes/No/Yes safe-mode).
    Yes.
    I can believe that, given what I read ~2mins ago....

The VPS plugin traps a keyGo() function, which it expects to be called when a timer is saved, and this causes it to set things up to be put into the timer_xps.xml file.

However, the Timer refactoring code deprecated keyGo() in favour of keySave(). And whereas TimerEntryBase does re-route keyGo() calls to keySave(), the key-press in the menu is bound to keySave().
    So currently the VPS menu entry code is skipped in Vix on saving the entry, which explains why it is ignored.

Should be(?) a trivial fix - keyGo() and keySave() have identical calling sequences - it's just a name change.

EDIT: Yes, it was trivial. And would have been even quicker had I not left in a failing debug line I added yesterday. My timers_vps.xml file is now being updated.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <vps_timers>
    <timer begin="1613840400" end="1613841900" serviceref="1:0:19:A010:A000:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" vps_enabled="1" vps_overwrite="1" vps_time="0">
    </timer>
    <timer begin="1613840401" end="1613841900" serviceref="1:0:1:1C00:104D:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" vps_enabled="1" vps_overwrite="0" vps_time="0">
    </timer>
    </vps_timers>
    EDIT2: PR submitted:
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/414
    Last edited by birdman; 20-02-21 at 17:55.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

goRt (20-02-21),ronand (20-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    For anyone interested, this is the updated file:

Modifications.py

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (24-02-21),Joe_90 (20-02-21)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast