I'm slowly getting my head around UniCable, both theory and practice. At the moment, all my LNBs are universal ones, some connected directly, some via DiSEqC switches to my kit. Now I have got a Ultimo 4K, I want to make full use of the FBC tuners. So I'm looking around my existing boxes to see if they have UniCable ability. Only two, both Humax! My Foxsat can have it enabled using the 'secret' menu, the other is my TN8000HD, which was bought as a TNTSat box.

I've used the Foxsat in the past with DiSEqC successfully, but am now using it with a conventional twin feed on Astra2. I think I'll be okay moving that over to UniCable. The TN8000HD is connected via a DiSEqC switch to four satellites which works okay. I have three options here: leave it as it is, 'UniCable' it, or pension it IF I could find out if it is possible to use Oscam to read the TNTSat card (not sure if is possible with VIX, although my Tivusat card is okay).

So I'm looking at option 2, which is why I'm posting here. (If Option 3 is feasible and can co-exist with the Tivusat card then please PM me.)

Having chosen English as my language option, the TN8000HD calls the connection 'OneCable System'. The manual is in French (which I could use Google to translate at a push). In the installation section, it implies that the connection could be a multi-satellite one. At which point I rethought about option 1.

Has anyone used a UniCable feed to the Humax TN8000HD, with just a single one to Astra 1 or even a multi-satellite job?