Sorry my first post is this dire. Faults, issues and bugs - on the bright side... the packing box looks nice.

As my introduction to general satellite receivers:
* prev - HUMAX PVRs FreeSAT - self-install 10yrs+
* plan - upgrade(?) more channels/content - more simultaneous recordings
* now - failed two day old new GBQUAD4K installation

R/C functionality used to work...
* handset LED is still flashing green
* box front panel not longer flickers in conjunction
* handset OEM batteries checked on meter - good
...but no longer 'responsive' - handset tx? - box rx?

Bought recommended dongle in the tools thread from your shop. Whilst R/C was actually working could not get dongle working. Remember seeing -200dBm which seemed excessively low. After the R/C functionality 'died' I increased my router WiFi output from a secure 25% to 100% - manually whitelisted the box's MAC. Always found WiFi in general to be awful ...my own opinion.

With no R/C functionality the box's front switches
are ...very much lacking in overall functionality(!).
* BUG: unable to invoke onscreen virtual keyboard
* BUG: unable to input (encryption) network code
* BUG: unable to actually SAVE any of above 'edits'

Downloaded APP: 'GB Player 1.5 build 27 - iPhone' tryin to use R/C. There is no 'UHD QUAD 4K' device optioned and, of course, it can't find 'anything'. Could be WiFi, APP or just my current luck with the QBQUAD4K box.

Otherwise installed a 1Gbps CAT5 connection to my intranet switch. My LINUX server hooks to/from the internet over optical broadband. The OS has been reporting that it is 'up-to-date' re: download.

I use Public/Private Key (PuTTY) sessions between my LINUX server & W10 workstation. Propose to try(!?) to get a similar hookup running (on the same intranet). Foresee missing usern/passw difficulty... are there any known defaults? I don't recollect being asked to input a usern/passw during the install. The paper manual in the box is in the German language. The forum sticky PDF is ...not a lot better ...to be frank or even Franck.

This is a right old mess already. My own mistakes notwithstanding nor my admitted lack of knowledge of general satellite receivers. Beginning to rue the decision to throw away over a decade of faultless HUMAX FREESAT viewing and recordings to take up with Unicable II (not installed yet), bigger dish (the shippers delivered mismatched parts in an open & broken box without any protective packing whatsoever) and a satellite meter ('used' unit was delivered instead of it being brand new - its last used memory location was somewhere in the English Channel?). Not overly surprised that the GBQUAD4K is also proving problematic.

I also installed a new 9mm high 2TB Barracuda 2.5in HDD which seems quiet enough in use. The OS was apparently able to fully recognise the extent of the HDD. The mounting assembly's metal legs are unnecessarily tall. Seemingly this is an aspect of design to deter users from installing a much bigger, more useful and appropriate HDD. There is a small gap between the top of the HDD and the underside of top of the box which includes perforations (passive cooling).

Is this support forum able to assist me in any way? Without an operational R/C and with a wholly inadequate set of front panel controls I am metaphorically up the creek and most certainly without the requisite non-optional paddle. Stuffed (to be technical).

Raised a Support ticket with your shop, received their acknowledgement email but nothing else yet.