Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
On the remote under the power button (top row) there are 4 buttons of which far left is red giga - press and then it should work again
. Giga app try settings -, then hit + sign and. Automatic - wait until it finds your box login (currently) is root no password
[ red GIGA button ]
The 'red GIGA' button resolution also worked. I'll not forget that button, didn't even know it was on the remote, let alone quite how easily it rather pointlessly disables all functionality. Use of it should put a tag onscreen or something. I presume that GigaBlue don't make kit appropriate for the remaining three buttons and that there is some sort of re-programming available somewhere to reduce the existing plethora of remotes littering our armchairs?

My thanks too as I would've put myself into that trap at some point.

[ APP - GIGA+]
Not sure about that. I think I tried a lot of combinations. That 'UHD QUAD 4K' is not optioned seems significant in the APP's continued inability to 'find' my box. I grant I have to get WiFi 'working' as surely it uses that to get back into the box. There's so much gratuitous wifi floating about here that I really try to avoid it if it is feasible. For instance even my filter fan in the bedroom apparently needs worldwide internet WiFi access just to switch on/off. Madness.

Thank you for the suggested login defaults.