Hi,

I am a bit of a newbie to flashing, and am attempting to flash my Mutant HD51, from 5.0.032 to the latest version of OpenVix (5.3.035)?

Unfortunately, I’ve tried the following methods, and so far, I have been unable to flash the receiver.

Can any one advise, where I am going wrong?

Method 1
Setup > Software Update > Software Update – This results in the message “There are no more updates for OpenVix 5.0. You will have to flash/install newer image”

Therefore, I have gone down the flashing route:

Method 2
Flash via Blue Button > Vix > Image manager > Downloads (Orange Button) – The list of images is blank, therefore I cannot select to download an updated image

On the ImageManager main screen, the Blue option is blank (i.e. no Blue Button)

I have tried copying the 5.3 image (zip file) to the receiver (via Windows Explorer/FTP), but do not know where to copy the image too. Additionally, when I do attempt to copy the image to the reciever, I get a permissions error

Method 3
Using - https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bu...20by%20USB.pdf

I have unzipped the 5.3 image to a FAT32 formatted flashpen (Freecom, 8gb), and attempted the manual flash via the Power Off-On / Hold Power Button down method. Unfortunately, this results in a ‘No Partition’ message being displayed

I have tried the above with just the hd51 folder in the root of the flashpen, and also placing the individual files (imageversion, kernel.bin, rootfs.tar.bz2 ) in the root, with no success

Method 4?
I have come across a post, that suggests updating the Bootloader, prior to updating OpenVix, but I am unsure how to do this, and am not sure whether this would be a viable solution?

My current version of OpenVix, reports that I am currently on Bootloader v1.07-r19

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!