I realise this is probably a niche question for support but hoping someone can help.

I'm installing boblight plugin because I have one of these https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280039 on the back of my TV. I bought it ages ago and it used to work perfectly with OpenVIX and the "eingmalight" plugin by Speedy. That plugin seems to have disappeared so I'm trying to make boblight work, which, apparently it should.

Thing is, whenever I install this plugin, it seems to install fine and I can access the interface no problem, as of yet Ive not been successful in making my lightpack work, but the worrying problem is that if I reboot the box, it crashes at startup, just after the Smart linux TV logo is shown. No way to recover other than pop a USB in and flash from cold boot. Ive checked and the network doesn't come up either so I cant even login to see whats going on..

Ive also tried creating the boblight.conf in advance of installing the plugin and FTP'in it over, when it is installing I can see it say it has found it, but again I rebooted immediately, and the box hangs at boot.

Has anyone got boblight working properly on latest VIX? any tips on how I might get the engimalight plugin back?

Any help appreciated, thank you