Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIX running very slow

Title
    Thanks
    Unplugged the HDD and the channels now change instantly as you would expect. No more delays or spinner in top left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stilt147 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There should be a way to check the disk for errors and fix them on the box, I don't know how to do it.

How many recordings do you have on it? If nobody suggests a way to check/fix errors, you may have to initialise/format the HDD after you backup your recordings.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There should be a way to check the disk for errors and fix them on the box, I don't know how to do it.

How many recordings do you have on it? If nobody suggests a way to check/fix errors, you may have to initialise/format the HDD after you backup your recordings.
    I have quite a few recordings on the disk unfortunately and I'd hate to have to initialise it and lose them. It's strange because the disk worked ok on Wooshbuild and more recently when i used OpenPLI. I just found that image very hard to configure and nowhere near as intuitive or nice to use as this openVIX. Just wondering if there is anything else I could try.

Title
    Thanks
    Did you have an opkg folder on your HDD?

Edit:
    Or /var/opkg on hdd too?

Title
    Thanks
    Did you have an opkg folder on your HDD?
    Ive plugged the HDD back in to see but I don't see an opkg folder as one of the main folders unless its a sub folder within something else.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stilt147 View Post
    Ive plugged the HDD back in to see but I don't see an opkg folder as one of the main folders unless its a sub folder within something else.
    Sorry there is an opkg folder within the etc folder

Title
    Thanks
    I was asking about HDD.

Can you upload the file called "settings" located in /etc /enigma2 You will have to zip it before uploading it. Please check it for any email addresses or usernames before zipping

Title
    Thanks

Settings file

I was asking about HDD.

Can you upload the file called "settings" located in /etc /enigma2 You will have to zip it before uploading it. Please check it for any email addresses or usernames before zipping
    I've attached the settings file in zip as above. Also I've looked through the folders and there is also an opkg folder at /media/hdd/var/lib if thats what you meant.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stilt147 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Good work. I have not seen this documented, but from my experience, if there is an opkg folder on the hdd, the items listed in that folder get installed without prompting. I am guessing a plugin is listed and being installed.

Can you delete the folder on the hdd, and reflash? do not restore settings after you restart. You may need to stop enigma2 with "init 4" if the folder on the hdd is in use. That whole var folder on HDD should go.

Comparing the settings file:

Mine
    config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']

Yours
    config.usage.timeshift_path=/media/hdd/timeshift/

I have not enabled it, nor have you, so I am not sure how we have different values. But lets see how it goes if you reflash.

Title
    Thanks
    Good work. I have not seen this documented, but from my experience, if there is an opkg folder on the hdd, the items listed in that folder get installed without prompting. I am guessing a plugin is listed and being installed.

Can you delete the folder on the hdd, and reflash? do not restore settings after you restart. You may need to stop enigma2 with "init 4" if the folder on the hdd is in use. That whole var folder on HDD should go.

Comparing the settings file:

Mine
    config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']

Yours
    config.usage.timeshift_path=/media/hdd/timeshift/

I have not enabled it, nor have you, so I am not sure how we have different values. But lets see how it goes if you reflash.
    I deleted the whole VAR folder as you suggested and reflashed the image. Unfortunately the problem still persists. Really annoying whatever this cause is. Thanks for your efforts by the way, challenging this one, strange.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    check the HDD on faults and do you yse picons that are on the HDD ? That could explain
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    check the HDD on faults and do you yse picons that are on the HDD ? That could explain
    There is a picon folder at /media/hdd which contains a number of png images which I assume are picons. As regarding checking the HDD for faults, I'm not quite sure how id go about that without removing it from the box and plugging it into my laptop. It has however worked with other images until I flashed openVIX so I assume its ok.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    in openvix there is a setting to check the HDD also. I think your HDD starts every time you change channel for reading the picon.Maybe delete the picons as test to see if it goes better
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    in openvix there is a setting to check the HDD also. I think your HDD starts every time you change channel for reading the picon.Maybe delete the picons as test to see if it goes better
    I tried to delete the picon folder using filezilla but it won't allow it - "Response: 550 Remove directory operation failed."

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Personally, I would FTP to your HDD and start copying over things you need to save (like things you've recorded, etc). Just in case really more than anything.

With HDD connected and TimeShift disabled, you could putty/telnet into your box and manually run check disk.

Think it's something like:
    init 4
    umount /dev/sda1 (where /dev/sda1 is mount location of your hdd)
    e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast