Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: settings erased afer switching of from mains

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: settings erased afer switching of from mains

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

settings erased afer switching of from mains

I have said it more than once already, before disconnecting power (pull wire or operate switch) you must put receiver into deep sleep. This is power off.

You wouldn't just pull the cable out of your PC would you?

There are several threads on forum repeating same thing. It is the same on all images.

Title
    Thanks

Sorry, not you on PLI. My mistake.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

x 5 (19-06-20)

Title
    Thanks

Menu, Standby and Restart, Deep standby

or

Long press of power button, Deep standby.
    (not sure how this will work if not using receiver remote)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

x 5 (19-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x 5 View Post
    Got this problem with cache flush and hdmiCEC, installed both and setup them as i want all works fine until i switch the box off from mais over night.
    on chache flush the plugin its completed switched off and on hdmiCEC the (use tv remote control) option is turned off.

Note: both option are turn on and working before i switch the box off from mains.

openvix 53.034 - VU DUO2 and Xtrend 8500
    A cache suggests a temporary volatile store of information which means that something (software) has to mange it BUT this software needs to know when the power is about to be removed. Putting a box just into standby does not tell the box that power is about to be removed. In fact it tells it the exact opposite - it says I want all the information to be kept exactly where it is so the box can be operational in a fraction of a second after you press the on button on the remote.

If you are using the box(es) as a PVR actually switching off at the mains each night is not a good idea. I would recommend just putting the boxes into deep standby each night rather than switching them off. In deep standby the power consumption is less than 1W and cost less than £1 in electricity if you kept the box in deep standby continuously for a year.

I have a couple of power timers to help with this. One power timer puts my box into standby at 30 minutes past midnight each day and another timer puts the box into deep standby 10 minutes after the box going to standby. You can set a timer to immediately go into deep standby at a certain time but I use my method because often late at night I may not notice that the box is about to shut down as I'm playing on the computer and if the audio (radio channel) goes off I know it’s in standby and I can immediately resurrect it again before the 10 minute timer cuts in. I do have a third power timer to put the box into standby if its doing nothing for 2 hours (2 hours of not changing anything with the remote). All power timers give a on-screen warning so that you can cancel the action.

In fact electronics can be more reliable by not constantly removing power and leaving them running 24/7.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-06-20),x 5 (19-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x 5 View Post
    this means that if for any reason i need to disconnect the receiver form power i need to re do this again??
    Perhaps you never allowed the box to save these settings? If you have always switched off the mains while the box has been almost fully powered on (in standby) the setting may not have been saved correctly. You need a controlled shut down to save some settings which you only get by putting the box into deep standby first.

Try configuring the plugins and then shutting down the box correctly BUT as others have said some of the functions that you are using are not required because your boxes have specifications far beetter than boxes that are more years old.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I suggest you reboot the box after changing settings so that you're sure they get saved to disk.
    Use the backup settings feature as well so you have more chance of restore them if losing power does happen to screw them somehow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

x 5 (19-06-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12