Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    All sorted this morning. I checked all sat transponders carrying C4/E4 etc. and they have the proper now/next and VPS seems to be working again as intended. BBC Alba doesn't have now/next but it's just carrying radio programme at the moment, so it may be sorted later when the channel comes on-air fully.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Another oddity with the C4 group of channels on satellite (both Freesat and Sky EPG):

Currently, More4 / More4+1 / 4seven / Film4 / Film4+1 are displaying "Teleshopping" finishing at 09.00 or 10.00 when you display the now/next info on these channels. The EPG listings are correct and current. The now/next info doesn't seem to change at the programme junctions, thus making VPS useless on these channels. Can others confirm this issue? Maybe someone on Freeview could check to see if the problem exists there also, please? The main C4 and C4+1 channels are not affected.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Another oddity with the C4 group of channels on satellite (both Freesat and Sky EPG):

Currently, More4 / More4+1 / 4seven / Film4 / Film4+1 are displaying "Teleshopping" finishing at 09.00 or 10.00 when you display the now/next info on these channels. The EPG listings are correct and current. The now/next info doesn't seem to change at the programme junctions, thus making VPS useless on these channels. Can others confirm this issue? Maybe someone on Freeview could check to see if the problem exists there also, please? The main C4 and C4+1 channels are not affected.
    For me, VPS (driven by the symptoms you describe) has been broken of 4x for about 10 days including Ch4 HD/ +1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goRt For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (21-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Actually noticed that my VPS timer for "Gogglebox" didn't trigger on Friday on C4HD, so I recorded on C4+1 manually. Maybe the event-id values are messed up on C4 like last month? I searched online on a couple of forums to see if anyone had reported the now/next issues without success.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

goRt (21-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Actually noticed that my VPS timer for "Gogglebox" didn't trigger on Friday on C4HD, so I recorded on C4+1 manually. Maybe the event-id values are messed up on C4 like last month? I searched online on a couple of forums to see if anyone had reported the now/next issues without success.
    I like the news, so have a daily timer noticing quickly when it's broken.
    I manually test every few days to see if they've sorted things out.
    I'm guessing it's a hangover from the failure last autumn as this was late to return

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goRt For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (21-02-22)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts

Freeview now/next looks ok (at the time of this post) on More4, More4+1, 4seven, Film4 and Film4+1.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

goRt (21-02-22),Joe_90 (21-02-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've had for the past 2 weeks issues with CH 4 HD failing to record Celebrity Hunter set on auto timer using VPS ( Sunday 21:00 - 22:00). I get to attempted empty recording files with 0 minutes. I don't seem to have any failed recordings using VPS with ITV 1 HD, BBC 1 HD or BBC 2 HD all start recording when program starts.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dntaylor View Post
    I've had for the past 2 weeks issues with CH 4 HD failing to record Celebrity Hunter set on auto timer using VPS ( Sunday 21:00 - 22:00). I get to attempted empty recording files with 0 minutes. I don't seem to have any failed recordings using VPS with ITV 1 HD, BBC 1 HD or BBC 2 HD all start recording when program starts.
    I think it would be a reasonable conclusion that, as nothing has changed in VIX, C4 has broken itself again

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dntaylor View Post
    I would confirm that VPS is having issues recording the C4 "family" of channels for several weeks now. Definitely, More4/More4+1/4seven/Film4/Film4+1 are not transmitting the EIT now/next changes when programmes start during the early morning and afternoon, or have wrong values in the event-id so VPS just sits there waiting and eventually times out without recording the scheduled programme. BBC/ITV and most other channels seem to be unaffected. The only temporary solution is to use VPS "safe mode" (which rather defeats the point of using VPS in the first place).

I have searched various forums and have actually seen reports of issues with Freesat recorders missing scheduled recordings dated around 14th February, but Freesat claim to have fixed them on February 15th. It may be that C4 and associated channels are still broadcasting from a fallback site or that their new playout systems are still not configured properly.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The Chelsea world club cup match on CH4, 12th Feb, went into extra time and overran by an eternity, but the freeview now/next or epg never picked up the changes to the schedule.

Title
    Thanks
    The EPG data is all managed by the playout centre (Redbee). In the past, I've certainly found VPS to be good at extending a recording if it overruns (especially on BBC/ITV). At the moment, C4 EPG and EIT now/next data seems a bit of a lottery.

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like VPS is back on channel 4 tonight

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to goRt For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (04-03-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Tested last night and this morning - all C4 related channels are now working properly with VPS on sat. However, I've noticed an issue with EPG data (£ symbol being replaced with # symbol) which I'll report as a bug.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

goRt (04-03-22)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Tested last night and this morning - all C4 related channels are now working properly with VPS on sat. However, I've noticed an issue with EPG data (£ symbol being replaced with # symbol) which I'll report as a bug.
    Someone will need to look into doing something in encoding. @ccs is the expert in this.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Someone will need to look into doing something in encoding. @ccs is the expert in this.
    If only. I've tried freeview and there are no issues, with or without my forced use of ISO6937.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast