I'm in the UK and I currently have Sky Q along with two Sky Q Mini boxes but am going to cancel due to the very high monthly costs. I have owned a VU+ duo2 in the past (since sold) so am thinking of getting a VU+ Duo 4K this time with a pair of Zgemma i55plus units too. If my maths is right I will have pay back in about 7-8 months!

The plan is for a new LNB and to watch FreeSat. Obviously I'm aware of the change of channel choice that I will have coming from Sky Q and am OK with that aspect of the plan. I might also get a DBV-T2 tuner to have that option too. As I understand it, with the correct LNB I will have 8 concurrent view/recording options from the satellite feed.

I am interested to know whether anyone else has made a similar leap to me. I'm particularly interested in the day-to-day usability of my proposed new system compared to Sky and especially the experience from the Zgemma boxes. Whilst Sky Q is far from perfect (and not very customisable) it is quite slick in its operation.

The sort of things I'm thinking of are as follows:

• Consistency of experience between the boxes
  • EPG information / number of days
  • Series link capability
  • Sound (not sure if Freeview has any Dolby / surround sound for example)
  • Playability of recordings on remote devices (e.g. iPad or PC)

Lastly I assume the Duo 4K is the sensible choice compared to the Ultimo for my needs.

Thanks in advance