Box has been working fine, no recent updates. It has a DVB-S embedded internal dual tuner and the added internal DVB-T internal dual tuner. We normally record (and often watch) using the DVB-T tuner now that sky special services are no longer available via cam, but do watch the DVB-S tuner on occasion.

On new years day turned the box on to 'Tuner Failed'. The DVB-S Sat tuner was fine but no channels on the DVB-T Terrestrial tuner would display. No changes had been made from the previous days / months when everything was working.

Brand & Model: Vu+ Solo4K
Chipset: 7376
Main Memory: 722940 kB free / 907744 kB total
System OE: OE-Alliance 4.1
Firmware version: OpenViX 5.1.032 (2018-07-24)
Kernel / Drivers: 3.14.28 / 20180702

I checked the setting and tried a manual scan using my normal setting that had been working for several years, but the scan was over quickly with zero channels found.

To try and get around the problem I enable the fall back tuner (and had to disable the internal DVB-T) to link to my other VU+ box. This was fine to watch DVB-T over the network but even when watching nothing and the box in standby when a recording started using fall-back the box crashed and restarted every few seconds creating many entries in the movie list for a program with 0.00 time.

I had to disable fallback again.

I did remove and reseat the DVB-T card but this had no effect.

Currently I have moved my USB DVB-T Turbo box from my other unit and installed in this one so that some items will record using the DVB-T (Now USB) Single tune. I have left the internal DVB-T tuner disabled, installed the turbo driver and the channels scanned and display without any problem (So my settings used for several years as expected were fine).

This is what I have currently installed:-

Tuner A Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner C Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner D Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner E Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner F Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner G Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner H Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner I Vuplus DVB-T NIM(TT3L10) (DVB-T2) - Disabled
Tuner J Vuplus DVB-T NIM(TT3L10) (DVB-T2) - Disabled
Tuner K Vuplus DVB-T/C USB NIM(TURBO):VTUNER (DVB-T2)

So my questions
I guess the year roll over to 2020 has not caused and issue with the tuner software?
I am assuming that the DVB-T tuner has simply failed and needs to be replaced, but would like a second opinion from a VU+ / Openvix guru?
Why does fallback not work for recording?

Thanks
Steve.