Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Getting Saorview/Freeview with Single tuner but not with dual tuner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question Getting Saorview/Freeview with Single tuner but not with dual tuner

Hi folks,

I've searched the forum for tuner related problems but can't see mine mentioned. Hope this is something basic and stupid I'm doing wrong, as it often turns out to be. I had an existing single DVB-C/T tuner but wanted to replace it with a dual tuner to solve my wife's annoyance about watching/recording at the same time on Saorview channels. I recently ordered the VU+ Hybrid Dual / Twin 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner from WOS for my Duo2.

The single tuner's been working fine, the config says Vuplus DVB-T NIM(SSH108) (DVB-T2) and it says on scanning that it picks up 38 channels on 546Mhz/channel 30.

When I replace it with the dual tuner, the config says Vuplus DVB-T NIM(TT3L10)(DVB-T2), I set the region to Ireland (all regions), open the Signal Finder and scan on 546Mhz/channel 30. The Signal Finder says it has SNR 100%, good AGR, no BER and it has a lock. When I run a scan though, it finds no channels!

From what I read, Saorview operates on DVB-T but this new tuner is supposed to support that. I don't see any setting in the tuner setup beyond switching between Terrestrial and Cable modes. I've also noticed that the new dual tuner seems to get a lock on every channel/frequency. I would think normal behaviour (from the single tuner) is that it should only be able to get SNR/AGR/lock from a channel that Saorview is broadcasting on so I haven't a notion why it's doing this either.

I'm unfortunately too noob with satellite boxes and tuners to guess at why the heck one tuner would work but the other wouldn't, with what I see are the exact same settings. Can anyone give me some advice?

Attached is a pic of the system info but these are the main software versions afaik from the "About" menu:

Image: 5.0.032
    Drivers: 2017-08-22
    Kernel: 3.13.5

Thanks for any tips!
    Attached Images Attached Images