Hi folks,

I'm really impressed what a bunch of enthusiastic programmers can achieve to make life great even if it seems impossible

One such thing I quickly adopted was the IPTVplayer that later changed to e2iplayer. Another is "Serienrecorder" that was available some time ago, then went away and is now again part of the plugins repository. I must confess that I do not know the magic that is necessary to make this happen in a pretty easy way to most of us non-geeks but I do understand that it's pretty complicated to make things "look easy" and it's a continous effort to keep things "as is" i.e. adapting them to the steady changes in the world to "look" stable.

I recently learned that e2iplayer has gone "private" and does not receive any more updates, although there is a version from May/19 on the repository. There is a bunch of spin offs that try to compensate this and if you google enough I find a couple of instructions to get one of these running on some certain box that most likely will fail on that you aown.

That makes me wonder how the decisions are made to put this or that extension into the repository list and if there are any plans to either replace the (now dead) e2iplayer project from samsamsam with one of the more active spin offs from Maxbambi, zadmario or mosz_nowy and/or make "e2istream" available that is told to be a replacement. I guess there is something like a "detailled examination" and at least someone who adoptd the project and makes sure it fits snuggly into the image.

Is there some open discussion where I can get some insights on that? Putting the relevant keywords into the search does not list much useful information about that and I get the impression I could get excommunicated just for asking a banned question.

So please don't shoot me at first sight. I try to be one of the good guys.