Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Picture vanished now I can't get a picture.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Picture vanished now I can't get a picture.

I was watching TV earlier on my OSMini when the screen went black and the No Signal message popped up on the screen.

I rebooted the box but although the box was booting the TV wasn't receiving a signal, I swapped the HDMI cable into various other HDMI sockets on the TV but still no signal, I tried a few other HDMI cables but still no signal.

The box is alive and kicking as I can stream the picture to my PC using VLC, it's just the HDMI output that's vanished. Using the Web Interface I tried changing the video settings from 1080p to 1080i, 720p, 720i, 576i etc.... but still no signal.

I did a factory reset - no signal.
    I downloaded and installed the latest VIX firmware via USB - no signal.

I connected the box to my PC monitor - perfect picture, I connected it to the TV in my bedroom - perfect picture!

The box has been connected to my TV (Panasonic Viera) for about 3 years and I've never had any sort of signal issue, my TV supports every resolution imaginable so it's not as if the box is sending a signal my TV can't handle, also why would it decide to switch resolution while I'm watching Sky News?!

I've tested all the HDMI sockets on my TV with various games consoles and Bluray players, they all display fine, it's just my OS Mini that's decided to stop sending a signal to this one particular TV.

Very strange.

I also tried using the AV adaptor on the rear, no signal from that either.
    Last edited by stu232; 17-08-19 at 16:12.