Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 7020 HD in Dubai

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

7020 HD in Dubai

New Dreambox at Cabsat Show
    Dream presents DM7020 HD in Dubai

World premiere at Cabsat Show! Dream Multimedia, the leading supplier of Linux-based set-top boxes, will be presenting a prototype of the DM7020 HD in Dubai. Attendees of the trade show can get an idea of the new HDTV Dreambox from 8. to 10. February at booth S1-J11 in Sheikh Saeed Hall 1.

The DM7020 HD stands out for its flexible tuner conception. The Dreambox holds two sockets for plug-and-play tuner modules, so the consumer can use it either for digitale satellite, cable or antenna reception. The DM7020 HD comes equipped with one exchangeble DVB-S2 tuner module ex works.

The front panel takes the spotlight on the brillant OLE-Display. Besides, the DM7020 HD provides two common interface slots as well as two smartcard readers and one USB 2.0 connection. According to all HDTV Dreamboxes the DM7020 HD bases upon Enigma2, Dream’s especially developed operating system.

Apart from two USB 2.0 connections, the back panel adorns a HDMI and 10/100 Mbit ethernet interface as well as two Scart sockets and an eSATA connection in order to add an external harddrive to the Dreambox. It can also be equipped with an internal 3,5” HDD. The DM7020 HD should be available in spring this year. The RRP is not yet known.

Dream spokesman Alpaslan Karasu: “The DM7020 HD is the ideal addition to our HDTV portfolio. Due to its flexible tuner conception it can be used for any receive path. A second tuner module can be easily put on the free socket. It’ll be automatically installed after booting the Dreambox up.”

Code:
    https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/7020-hd-dubai
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (07-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    swet can t wait to see this one
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    indeed, sadly though i fear the price will be wildly expensive ( as dream tend to do ) and thus not a option for most people when it comes to getting a new receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    If its like other Dreamboxs you could have a long and expensive wait
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    If its like other Dreamboxs you could have a long and expensive wait
    lol tell me about it, they first announced this receiver well over a year ago. but if it's built on the magnificent DM7020 architecture ( one of the strongest DM's in my opinion) i think it will be a fantastic box, but like i said DM will no doubt hammer the price making it a non starter for just about every one.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    lol tell me about it, they first announced this receiver well over a year ago. but if it's built on the magnificent DM7020 architecture ( one of the strongest DM's in my opinion) i think it will be a fantastic box, but like i said DM will no doubt hammer the price making it a non starter for just about every one.
    I think to realistically get a spot on the market with this, they need to be retailing it at a maximum £450. That's still greater than most of the boxes out there, but at least should be affordable to most of the die-hard dreambox fans who won't have any other box... Personally, still too expensive for me, but I'm a tight-arse hehe
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I think it could be months away yet as they will probably show it in a perspex box as they normally do

World premiere at Cabsat Show? why not at IFA
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Two world premieres ayear appart for the same device and its still in prototype....

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en...new-hdtv-boxes
    https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/7020-hd-dubai

I think this box is too little too late.
    Looking at the specs it doesnt seem to bring anything extra to the game.
    Its a 800hd with the option of adding another tuner £450 would be steep, add a secod tuner and its north of £500.
    The duo is heading the other way (Sponsor has it for £350) game over.
    I too have a 7020 and could never say that it was stable, Duo beats it hands down.

And with the new lower price single tuner boxes this market is getting squeezed.
    It was an opertunity for DM to bring something new to the market its laurels wont last for ever or at least if it had 3 slots and 2 sat tuners built in or may be more horsepower and memory.
    They should start by looking at the Duo and how they could make a better box. Things like Internet TV, proper media player etc.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-unveiled-soon

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    I too have a 7020 and could never say that it was stable, Duo beats it hands down.

And with the new lower price single tuner boxes this market is getting squeezed.
    i have had my DM7020 for almost 9 years and never once had a issue with it, as for comparing it with the likes of a duo well thats just daft as there is such a time gap between the two not to mention one is E1 and the other E2.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

dfdream (07-02-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    dfdream only made a comparison on stability of his duo v his 7020 so its not a daft comparison.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    @ dfdream, not sure if you've still got your 7020 or not, try Nabilosat 7020 image, been rock solid and 100% stable here.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Its fine now since I demoted it to the back room.
    I dont tinker with it as much and its been fine since.
    Might give a look at the Nabilosat image as it only needs to be stable and have UK EPG.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Its fine now since I demoted it to the back room.
    I dont tinker with it as much and its been fine since.
    Might give a look at the Nabilosat image as it only needs to be stable and have UK EPG.
    Try it out, I set one up for my mum and needed it to be 100% stable.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable