Hi all,

Recently I re scanned my Astra 1/2 and Hotbird channels with my Vu solo SE using the openvix software the box came with about two or so years ago. I received an error which caused the box to restart.

I decided it might be a good plan to update the box to the latest software which I did successfully last night and having re scanned all the sats I went to the ABM to set up the box for Freesat (UK). However I have the exact same error causing the box to restart. I have tried to get into the box with its 10.0.0x IP address, however for logistical reasons my PC is wired to one router and the wireless stuff is done through another router. I have the other router to which the box is connected via wifi connected via Ethernet into one of the four LAN ports and DHCP turned off but still no connection.

I do however, have an email with the latest crash log, I'll see if I can attach that to this post, don't know if that would be of any use.

Hang on, I have a log reference number Ref: 1558951386.12

Please, be kind as I'm reasonably tech savvy but I don't have much experience with getting down and dirty with my satellite box!

Thanks.