I had not updated my Xtrend for about a year so decided to try to flash my Xtrend ET8500 with the latest Openvix image.
An online attempt failed so I followed the USB flashing instructions.
I took out my HDD in case that interfered with process.
Formatted a USB to FAT32 (using the HP Formatting Tool) and copied the et8500 folder onto it (using the Teracopy software), put the USB stick in the unit (rear USB slot) and switched on.
Got the usual Red and Black Xtrend logo at start up and the power button flashed red and blue. Touched the power button on front and it went steady red and blue with usual logo still on screen. Then button went steady blue and after a few moments saw the Openvix screen saying please wait.
Power button turned blue, unit began to whirl as if booting and screen goes blank with occasional colour flashes.
Instructions suggest flashing should take up to 4 minutes but after 20 minutes nothing has changed.
When I remove the USB stick and pop it into my computer, it has created a folder called Movie and one called Timeshift.
On re-starting the ET8500 I get the red ad black logo and then a blank screen.
I have tried with the et8500 loaded onto the USB and also tried adding just the contents of the et8500 folder but still no success.
Have tried an alternative brand new Kingston Datatraveller G4 8Gb USB, but when I use that, the power button does not even flash so cannot progress.

Please help!