Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Build my own Vix image

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've managed to create a standalone image with twol's changes to openvix.conf and the static-feeds are excluded

I need to build some feeds now but I'm getting this message after a make update.

Code:
    willo@beelink:/media/willo/USB-SSD/build-enviroment$ make update
    Updating Git repositories...
    Already up-to-date.
    Synchronising submodule url for 'bitbake'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-clang'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-oe-alliance'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-openembedded'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-python2'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-qt5.15'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'openembedded-core'
    error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
    	meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf
    Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
    Aborting
    fatal: Unable to checkout 'ddf9417751fac1479eac7c712561b3c1f0b43afe' in submodule path 'meta-oe-alliance'
    The oe-alliance is now up-to-date.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    I've managed to create a standalone image with twol's changes to openvix.conf and the static-feeds are excluded

I need to build some feeds now but I'm getting this message after a make update.

Code:
    willo@beelink:/media/willo/USB-SSD/build-enviroment$ make update
    Updating Git repositories...
    Already up-to-date.
    Synchronising submodule url for 'bitbake'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-clang'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-oe-alliance'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-openembedded'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-python2'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'meta-qt5.15'
    Synchronising submodule url for 'openembedded-core'
    error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
    	meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf
    Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
    Aborting
    fatal: Unable to checkout 'ddf9417751fac1479eac7c712561b3c1f0b43afe' in submodule path 'meta-oe-alliance'
    The oe-alliance is now up-to-date.
    Either 1) commit the changed openvix.conf or 2) rename it to something, run the make update and then delete new and rename yours back(or add changes to the new version)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (01-05-24)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'll try option 2 for now.
    How would I commit the changed file please?
    Willo
    #######################
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Cd into the directory and then git status…shows whats outstanding as a change and then either git add the files as listed by the git status followed by git commit -m “commit message“ or just git commit -a -m “commit message“ … the last commit would commit everything changed… which you might not want to do
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (01-05-24)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I keep getting build fails.

Code:
    WARNING: stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0 do_fetch: Checksum failure encountered with download of https://groovy.jfrog.io/artifactory/dist-release-local/groovy-zips/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip;name=groovy - will attempt other sources if available
    ERROR: stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'https://groovy.jfrog.io/artifactory/dist-release-local/groovy-zips/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip;name=groovy'. Checksum mismatch!
    File: '/media/willo/USB-SSD/sources/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip.tmp' has sha256 checksum '69146f9109f5a23a551e0c2939cd12fabe3d58c99294e52b43dcb0dc3dfe5251' when '05d8fc8f3c3c583850fc7f46c235ca4c8b58024ec8d9d7c16f72548a2b2b5430' was expected
    If this change is expected (e.g. you have upgraded to a new version without updating the checksums) then you can use these lines within the recipe:
    SRC_URI[groovy.sha256sum] = "69146f9109f5a23a551e0c2939cd12fabe3d58c99294e52b43dcb0dc3dfe5251"
    Otherwise you should retry the download and/or check with upstream to determine if the file has become corrupted or otherwise unexpectedly modified.
    ERROR: stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error: FetchError('Unable to fetch URL from any source.', 'https://groovy.jfrog.io/artifactory/dist-release-local/groovy-zips/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip;name=groovy')
    ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /media/willo/USB-SSD/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/sf4008/tmp/work/sf4008-oe-linux-gnueabi/stb-kodi-sf4008/stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.7730
    ERROR: Task (/media/willo/USB-SSD/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-brands/meta-octagon/recipes-kodi/stb-kodi-sf4008_21.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
    We used to be able to use oe-alliance-feeds.bbappend to skip certain things but it doesn't work now.
    Is there an alternative?
    Willo
    #######################
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    #######################

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,963 Times in 3,279 Posts

Code:
    WARNING: stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0 do_fetch: Checksum failure encountered with download of https://groovy.jfrog.io/artifactory/dist-release-local/groovy-zips/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip;name=groovy - will attempt other sources if available
    ERROR: stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'https://groovy.jfrog.io/artifactory/dist-release-local/groovy-zips/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip;name=groovy'. Checksum mismatch!
    File: '/media/willo/USB-SSD/sources/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip.tmp' has sha256 checksum '69146f9109f5a23a551e0c2939cd12fabe3d58c99294e52b43dcb0dc3dfe5251' when '05d8fc8f3c3c583850fc7f46c235ca4c8b58024ec8d9d7c16f72548a2b2b5430' was expected
    If this change is expected (e.g. you have upgraded to a new version without updating the checksums) then you can use these lines within the recipe:
    SRC_URI[groovy.sha256sum] = "69146f9109f5a23a551e0c2939cd12fabe3d58c99294e52b43dcb0dc3dfe5251"
    Otherwise you should retry the download and/or check with upstream to determine if the file has become corrupted or otherwise unexpectedly modified.
    ERROR: stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error: FetchError('Unable to fetch URL from any source.', 'https://groovy.jfrog.io/artifactory/dist-release-local/groovy-zips/apache-groovy-binary-4.0.17.zip;name=groovy')
    ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /media/willo/USB-SSD/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/sf4008/tmp/work/sf4008-oe-linux-gnueabi/stb-kodi-sf4008/stb-kodi-sf4008-21.0+gitr-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.7730
    ERROR: Task (/media/willo/USB-SSD/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-brands/meta-octagon/recipes-kodi/stb-kodi-sf4008_21.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
    We used to be able to use oe-alliance-feeds.bbappend to skip certain things but it doesn't work now.
    Is there an alternative?
    Let me see your openvix.conf. Looks like you changed to STATIC_FEED = "0" or commented it out. That is wrong.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I suspected it was my cockup

I've commented out:

#STATIC_FEED = "0"
    #STATIC_ARCH = "static-${MACHINE} static-${TUNE_PKGARCH}"
    #STATIC_DISTRO_FEED_URI ?= "http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}-static/${DISTRO_VERSION}"

Code:
    #@TYPE: Distribution
    #@NAME: OpenVix
    #@DESCRIPTION: Embedded Linux Distribution Configuration for STB's

DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "pulseaudio"

DISTRO_NAME ?= "openvix"
    DISPLAY_DISTRO  ?= "OpenViX"
    DISTRO_VERSION = "6.5"
    BUILD_VERSION = "003"
    DEVELOPER_BUILD_VERSION = "009"
    BB_HASH_IGNORE_MISMATCH = "1"
    DEFAULT_TIMEZONE = "Europe/London"
    #STATIC_FEED = "0"
    #STATIC_ARCH = "static-${MACHINE} static-${TUNE_PKGARCH}"
    #SMALLBOXWIZARD = "1"
    MAINTAINER = "OpenViX"
    HOMEPAGE = "https://www.world-of-satellite.com"

# default Enigma2 skin.
    E2DEFAULTSKIN = "${@bb.utils.contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "skins1080", "enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-simple-ten-eighty" , "enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vix-night-hd", d)}"

ENIGMA2_URI ?= "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE", "release", "git://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2.git;protocol=https;branch=Release" , "git://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2.git;protocol=https;branch=Developer", d)}"
    ENIGMA2_SKINS_URI ?= "git://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2-skins.git;protocol=https;branch=master"

IPKG_VARIANT = "opkg"

FEED_NAME ?= "${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}"
    DISTRO_FEED_URI ?= "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE", "release", "http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}" , "http://openvixdev.satellites-xml.org/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}", d)}"
    #STATIC_DISTRO_FEED_URI ?= "http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}-static/${DISTRO_VERSION}"

DISTRO_FEED_PREFIX ?= "${DISTRO_NAME}"

IMAGE_VERSION = "${DISTRO_VERSION}"
    IMAGE_BUILD = "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE", "release", "${BUILD_VERSION}" , "${BUILD_VERSION}.${DEVELOPER_BUILD_VERSION}", d)}"
    IMAGE_NAME = "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE", "release", "${DISTRO_NAME}-${IMAGE_VERSION}.${BUILD_VERSION}.${DISTRO_TYPE}-${MACHINEBUILD}", "${DISTRO_NAME}-${IMAGE_VERSION}.${BUILD_VERSION}.${DEVELOPER_BUILD_VERSION}.${DISTRO_TYPE}-${MACHINEBUILD}", d)}"
    IMAGE_VER_STRING = "${DISTRO_NAME}-${IMAGE_VERSION}.${BUILD_VERSION}.${DISTRO_TYPE}-${MACHINEBUILD}"
    IMAGE_ROOTFS = "${TMPDIR}/rootfs"
    IMAGE_LINK_NAME = ""
    DEPLOY_DIR ?= "${TMPDIR}/deploy"

# for compatibility with rm_old_work.bbclass
    WORKDIR = "${TMPDIR}/work/${MULTIMACH_TARGET_SYS}/${PN}/${PF}"

#USER_CLASSES += "image-prelink"
    # SANITY_REQUIRED_UTILITIES = "patch diffstat texi2html makeinfo svn bzip2 tar gzip gawk chrpath wget cpio sshpass"
    # INHERIT += "buildhistory recipe_sanity testlab"
    # BUILDHISTORY_COMMIT = "1"

require conf/distro/include/unstable-versions.inc

VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_dev_manager = "busybox-mdev"
    VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_login_manager = "busybox"
    VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "sysvinit"
    VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "initscripts"

# OE optimization defaults to -O2 which makes for much larger binaries.
    # Override here to use -Os instead, resulting in smaller images.
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION = "-Os -pipe ${DEBUG_FLAGS}"
    # build some core libs with better compiler optimization for better performance
    O3_OPT = "-O3 -pipe ${DEBUG_FLAGS}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-flac = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-jpeg = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-lame = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-liba52 = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libdca = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libgcrypt = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libmad = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libogg = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libpng = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libsamplerate = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-libvorbis = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-tremor = "${O3_OPT}"
    FULL_OPTIMIZATION:pn-zlib = "${O3_OPT}"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/cron = "busybox"
    PREFERRED_RPROVIDER_virtual/cron = "busybox"

PREFERRED_VERSION_netatalk ?= "2.2.3"

DISTRO_FEATURES = "${DISTRO_FEATURES_EXTRA} acl alsa argp bluetooth bluez5 directfb ext2 gtk-directfb ipv4 ipv6 irda largefile ldconfig libsigc2 mplt nfs pam pci pcmcia pulseaudio smbfs wifi wifi-extra xattr zeroconf \
                        ${@bb.utils.contains('TARGET_ARCH', 'aarch64', '' , 'ld-is-gold', d)} gobject-introspection-data"

QA_LOG = "1"
    QA_LOGFILE = "${TMPDIR}/qa.log"

OEINCLUDELOGS ?= "yes"
    KERNEL_CONSOLE ?= "ttyS0,115200n8"

BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS ??= "0"

NO32LIBS ??= "1"

# Missing checksums should raise an error
    BB_STRICT_CHECKSUM = "0"

TCLIBCAPPEND = ""

# Drop unused PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS
    PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS = "${TUNE_PKGARCH} ${OEM_ARCH} ${STATIC_ARCH}"

# add support for extra feeds
    PACKAGE_ARCHS += " 3rdparty ${MACHINE}_3rdparty private"

LICENSE_FLAGS_ACCEPTED = "commercial"
    COMMERCIAL_AUDIO_PLUGINS ?= "gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-mad"
    COMMERCIAL_VIDEO_PLUGINS ?= "gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-mpeg2dec"

INHERIT += "rm-pycache"
    Willo
    #######################
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    #######################

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks

Code:
    Is there an alternative?
    Also I checked the online source and the checksum is correct so it looks like you got a partial download.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    All working now. Thanks to all for the help

I ended up removing the USB-SSD drive because it kept setting itself to read only for some reason.
    I've created a new ext4 partition and using that to build on.

I've abandoned trying to get rid of static feeds and just set up my own feeds on an ftp server.
    I downloaded the Zgemma H7 static feeds (same processor as sf4008) and renamed H7 to sf4008 and all works well now
    I added my own and static feeds to site.conf.
    Willo
    #######################
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    #######################

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    All working now. Thanks to all for the help

I ended up removing the USB-SSD drive because it kept setting itself to read only for some reason.
    I've created a new ext4 partition and using that to build on.

I've abandoned trying to get rid of static feeds and just set up my own feeds on an ftp server.
    I downloaded the Zgemma H7 static feeds (same processor as sf4008) and renamed H7 to sf4008 and all works well now
    I added my own and static feeds to site.conf.
    I have a workaround now for static but away for a few days so can't post it at the moment.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

lincsat (03-05-24),Willo3092 (02-05-24)

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647